Discuss Fluke 6500 Scanner in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Graeme Harrold

Got a question regarding the Fluke 6500 PAT machine. Im after a barcode scanner, and not sure whether a standard RS232 scanner will work or not. The Fluke one is pretty dam expensive and there are others out there for 1/3 of the price that should do the job.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Got a question regarding the Fluke 6500 PAT machine. Im after a barcode scanner, and not sure whether a standard RS232 scanner will work or not. The Fluke one is pretty dam expensive and there are others out there for 1/3 of the price that should do the job.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Their normally RS232 type, and looking at a picture of the fluke scanner it's a 9 pin so looks like serial.
The optional printer is RS232 (according to the Fluke manual) and as this uses the same port I'd put money on the scanner was also.
Unfortunately there is no indication of Baud rate, but you could try the same settings as the printer

Baud rate ....................................factory default 9600,
selectable 1200, 2400, 9600, 19200, 38400
Data bits.....................................................................8
Stop bits.....................................................................1
Parity........................................................................no

Do you have a spare serial cable you could attach you computer to and send some information via hyperterminal?

If you were a little closer I'd pop round and try my scanner.

Jim

Hi I have a scanteam scanner I used with my supernova I no longer need ,If you have not already bought one I will stick it in the post for you If you are interested, I will give you more info on line if you get back to me
Mac

Up date that may help others save £££

I bought a scanner from a (what I thought) reputable site at £129+ £10 P&P + VAT (not cheap)

Product arrived, slight delay, and the first thing I do is Google it. EXACT same scanner is available with lead, all in for £66. This is also used on many of the USB and RS232 machines.

Site - Barcode Warehouse

Scanner -
1 x Touch 65/90 Light - Touch 65 Light (901151422)
Price: 39.95 ex VAT each
Cost: 39.95 ex VAT

RS 232 Lead - 1 x CAB-389 - (90A051710)
Price: 9.00 ex VAT each
Cost: 9.00 ex VAT

Hope this helps, for those that need the USB lead, just search for it.

Thanks for all the input

Graeme

Reply to Fluke 6500 Scanner in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net