Discuss Fluke tester doesn’t work odd?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I’ve recently come into a people’s with my fluke T130 I’ve been proving it recently on my fluke proving unit and it shows 60v then ramps up to 90v and cuts out I then put it back on and it ramps up to 160v then cuts out I then do it again and it goes to 261v and cuts out! I’ve tested my proving unit on various testers and it seems fine with everything else! What could this be??

I’ve recently come into a people’s with my fluke T130 I’ve been proving it recently on my fluke proving unit and it shows 60v then ramps up to 90v and cuts out I then put it back on and it ramps up to 160v then cuts out I then do it again and it goes to 261v and cuts out! I’ve tested my proving unit on various testers and it seems fine with everything else! What could this be??

I'd say put new batteries in, and if that doesn't cure it then it's knackered.

I take it you've tried it on live mains?

I'd say put new batteries in, and if that doesn't cure it then it's knackered.

I take it you've tried it on live mains?
Yeah I’ve tried it on main and it tests fine like I turn switch off and it goes on and off etc just doesn’t show 240v on the probing unit which my other testers do? Really odd

How old is it? Fluke did a recall on a batch of T110, T130 & T150. I had my T110 replaced earlier this year. Take a look at the following link.
LINK!!
It’s pretty old the button is missing on the front so not sure it would be replaced as a recal? I got given it by my old overseer whilst doing my apprenticeship so. It bothered as I have a multimeter, clamp meter and voltage tester (T150) all fluke just wanted to get it working as a spare?

Try flexing the cable on both the probes too.
First sign of any random behaviour and a 2-pole goes in the bin - it's too important to take chances with!
I’ve tried that and it’s fine the odd thing is it will test any voltage accurately bar the proving unit! It doesn’t seem to like it! I feel as though I should get rid of it but I’m just curious as to why it wouldn’t like the proving unit !?

It’s pretty old the button is missing on the front so not sure it would be replaced as a recal?
Mine wasn't working at all, still got a brand new one from the recall. Check the serial number. If it's in the recall it'll be replaxed

Worth mentioning that Fluke also have a recall on their old socket testers (and Robin branded testers) in case anyone has one lying around. Not new for old, but option of 2 pole tester or something else in exchange.

How old is it? Fluke did a recall on a batch of T110, T130 & T150. I had my T110 replaced earlier this year. Take a look at the following link.
LINK!!
THANK YOU. I had no idea about that - my (10 year old!!) T110 is now also in their system for replacement.

Reply to Fluke tester doesn’t work odd?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net