Discuss Food Grade panels in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DJMElectrical

Hi,

I have wired an extension on my dads dairy that is constructed out of food grade panels (sheets of insulation sandwiched by sheets of metal) and am wondering if these need to be main bonded. The sheets of metal are covered in an unconductive material that means there is no continuity between sheets so if they had to be bonded it would mean they would all have to be cross bonded which would look untidy.

I would be grateful for any help which this.

Thanks

Dan

How are the cables earthed?

I’m sorry but it may look untidy but I don’t like the idea of an un-earthed panel. The coating is all to easy to damage so to my mind no guarantee of being earth free.

It would be required whether there's an RCD or not.
If there is no livestock, then it would depend on whether there's any earth electrodes attached to the earth system.

My fist thought here is ...Who better to ask this question too, the manufacturer, or an electrical forum?? lol!! One you'll get a definitive answer to your question, the other, .... you'll get more in the way of suppositions than anything else!! lol!!

Got to agree E54, where better to get information. I’ve installed panels in a food factory, not a cable to be seen, but everything tickity boo behind the scenes.

To be worried about the aesthetics above safety is pure folly.

The answer to my own question is no lol. Got an opion from the NIC and the manufactures. Cant go wrong with those two can i haha.
Thanks for all the help though.

The answer to my own question is no lol. Got an opinion from the NIC and the manufactures. Cant go wrong with those two can i haha.
Thanks for all the help though.

As the NIC seem to think that they can make-up there own rules and Reg's, they would be the very last people i would seek advice from!!

So what was the advise/opinion of the Manufacturer then, and did it correspond with the NICs??

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Food Grade panels in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net