• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Formula One Halo - Good or Bad? in the Sports Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The type of accident that caused a recent death , and the injury Filipe Massa would not of been prevented by that device in my opinion.

Formula 1 must stay as an open cockpit formula in my opinion, Massa may or may not been struck on the top of the helmet, hard to call that one.

definitely no halo as rpm2 said it must stay as open cockpit formula look at the alonso accident would he of been able to escape with a halo fitted i think not, im a massive f1 fan and this is the pinnacle of motorsport they look crap on the cars. Safety first obviously but the Jules Bianchi incident will never be repeated and the halo would not of saved his life IMO.

Re Jules, that was a freak accident never heard of before and the Halo might or might not have helped, we need to see all the data of the device and of Jules inpact speed. RIP Jules

Well , there was another potential one recently , I forget the driver and the car, but he managed to lift the protection barrier as , if I recall correctly ' he lost one or both front wheels,and the nose was under the alco barrier . The driver was encased in the barrier protection. A higher speed impact could of had a different outcome.

Think Vettel lost his halo last weekend :D
He certainly did lol made the race a bit more interesting the last few laps and according to sky news he receives no further action from the FIA about his abuse to Charlie, Jean Todd Ferrari Internal Affairs strikes again. Personally I think he should of received some sort of action for it but thats racing I suppose.

He is fast becoming the Victor Meldrew of F1, along with Verstappen, I think they think everyone should just get out of the way for them.

Well all these Champions get too big for their boots, like other people in position of power. It's called the 'Hubris Theory'. As much as I like Lewis Hamilton as 3 times world champion, there's a part of me hopes that Rosberg does win the championship. It might spice things up next year.

A friend of mine has 2 tickets for the best F1 race of the season, the Monaco Grand Prix of the weekend 26th to the 28th May. They are both box seats and include a tour of the pit lane on race day.
He didn't realise that when he bought they were the same day as his wedding
If you are interested and want to go instead of him...its at St Margarets church at Lytham at 2:15pm on the 27th.
Her name is Janet .....she weill be the one wearing a white dress......

A friend of mine has 2 tickets for the best F1 race of the season, the Monaco Grand Prix of the weekend 26th to the 28th May. They are both box seats and include a tour of the pit lane on race day.
He didn't realise that when he bought they were the same day as his wedding
If you are interested and want to go instead of him...its at St Margarets church at Lytham at 2:15pm on the 27th.
Her name is Janet .....she weill be the one wearing a white dress......

One has to be rescheduled, know which one I'd choose :oncomingcar:

Edit; one day I'm going to treat myself to one of these, and drag her indoors along. Think your mates problem, selling these tickets, is accommodation availability? Unless he has a spare yacht, or the buyer got a motor cycle :)

Midwest I have been to silverstone for 5 years now me and my son love it its a cracking weekend. We arrive at silverstone woodlands campsite on Wednesday for early in the morning cars loaded with ice cold beer and the camping gear, park the car next the tent pitch and crack open our first beers then try and put the tent up. Everyone is the same all there for the racing and the atmosphere. The campsite has some great entertainment on in the evening with live bands and you can take the beers into the arenas. Its not a cheap weekend mind, the race tickets for 3 day track entry were about £170 and the campsite pitch cost around £70 but there is never any trouble everyone is friendly and sociable and I have never had any problems leaving our tent unattended. I find general admission tickets best as you get to go around any part of the track you like but it involves a lot of walking. You can take beer into the circuit as well plus your own food.

Never been to Silverstone for a race weekend, although I should as it's nearby. Don't think her indoors would be up to camping, but she likes the idea of a cruise to Monaco & watching the race. Think that'll cost more than £240, so I'll have to save up :(

I have heard that Monaco is an amazing race weekend its all to do with how the track is contained in the street circuit the sound of the engines echoes up into the stands although gone are the days of the V8 engines roaring away. And yes it will definitely cost more than £240 but from others i have spoken to who have done the cruise and race its an amazing experience and worth every penny.

A true legend that man was but I dont think drivers would get away with the party powder nowadays lol. Fast cars sex drugs and alcohol was his life oh and the throwing it all up before a race lol.
His book makes a good read as well such a shame he passed away at a young age but what a life he had.

Reply to Formula One Halo - Good or Bad? in the Sports Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back