Discuss Free circuit drawing software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

you could try a free version of a program called diagram studio. it's by gadwin.

Thank you my friend....now which one do i actually want to click on....

- - - Updated - - -

Well that sounds like a rubbish idea Mike :p free was the most important factor.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Tele, ill check that out too.

This Edraw is a 30 day trial, but if its any good, i shall propose for the company to invest.

How dear is auto cad then? My computer is utter pants too so not sure the graphics would hold up for a good CAD program.

well, i have smartdraw...but cant get a link to it Ben....
but you can get a free download version of the net...
might be a free trial job though...you`l have to have a look....

This Edraw is a 30 day trial, but if its any good, i shall propose for the company to invest.

How dear is auto cad then? My computer is utter pants too so not sure the graphics would hold up for a good CAD program.
well i havn`t used it in anger yet...but it seems ok...
theres lots of symbols on there in the library.....

Depends on what version you use M8, if your into industrial works and regulary doing operation manuals with as fitted drawings it can be a couple of hundred a month, however the basic basic package morelike 200 a year, you won't get much for that though, I would love a free package, it's what we all want haha

Yea i have smartdraw now you mention it, but i couldnt really find a way to utilise it in a very efficient way and that was about 18 months ago so sort of gave up on it.

Not to worry, just want something to stop me from doing my usual drawings which look like a spider fell in an ink well and skated across some graph paper...just makes me look stupid you know....... :6:

Yea i have smartdraw now you mention it, but i couldnt really find a way to utilise it in a very efficient way and that was about 18 months ago so sort of gave up on it.

Not to worry, just want something to stop me from doing my usual drawings which look like a spider fell in an ink well and skated across some graph paper...just makes me look stupid you know....... :6:
try the edraw then ben....i downloaded that ages ago...and it still works OK so......

Autocad 2013LT is £1400 which is good enough for most commercial drawings, lot of money, but worth it for costing and finishing O&Ms on jobs

Hi,

Draftsight is available free on the net, and claims to be fully compatible with Auto-Cad. I've got a copy myself but haven't used it yet.

If it compatible then result....but most major contractors used Autocad as standard, so without it your really stuck.
Most companies send us the spec and cad drawings and request quote, makes life and quoting for major work easier, if successful we have a working plan/design to go from. It is worth the investment

There is a web based version of ACad which is free but has (I think) full functionality for creating, viewing, editing etc - I think the only downside is that you can't save a file locally, it has to be on the 'cloud'. Find it on the autodesk site.

I use ACad for everything from 2D electrical schematics to 3D rendered stage show designs with lights and camera angles!

Reply to Free circuit drawing software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net