Discuss Friedland Facet 2 Note Door Chime in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

impish15

Trainee
Reaction score
Hi,

A lot about this fault confused me to be honest. So customer complained the doorbell was not working as intended. By that I mean the chime box was making a buzzing noise and the doorbell just ranging without being pressed. The chime produced a lot of heat also apparently. The doorbell is a wired bell push doorbell.

I believe the chime is a Friedland Facet 2 Note Door Chime (based on pictures I have googled). When the chime was making the buzzing noise and producing heat the customer's dad disconnected the cable going to terminal 3 and wrapped it up in red tape. Buzzing stopped and no heat produced.

When I arrived I first tired to see if there was power but couldn't detect anything with my voltage detector (not volt pen), I would have assumed I would have got a voltage reading (relevant MCB was on). After this I re-connected the cable back up to terminal 3 to see the symptoms the customer described and there was nothing. The doorbell would not work. When the MCB is put on the doorbell rings initially independent of the bell button being pressed but that's it. It doesn't ring when door bell is pressed after that. When the MCB is put down the doorbell rings again. The chime seems to be connected to the lighting circuit even though at the board there is a MCB labelled doorbell . Haven't come across faults on doorbells at all so slightly confused. Any suggestions based on what I have described please?

Thanks

Reply to Friedland Facet 2 Note Door Chime in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, I've installed a Lorex doorbell recently, but it is not turning on. I did some tests using a multimeter and this is what I found...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I ended up with a Ring video wired doorbell instead of a Byron video wired doorbell as B&Q were out of stock (had ordered online) and they...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have recently moved into a house and I'm trying to install a Ring Hardwired Doorbell at the property. I've had a look at the Ring...
Replies
Views
Our old Friedland chime all too often now emits a only faint "ding"- because the person at the door (usually a delivery driver) just "dabs" at...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m trying to connect 2 Ring wired doorbells to a chime. Or rather, bypass the chime on the doorbells. The chime is a Friedland 454. I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock