Discuss Full House Rewire - Received Schedule but No Part P in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

There seem to be a lot of replies here that seem as confused as the OP is about certification.

After the rewire there should have been two separate and distinct certificates 1) the Electrical Installation Certificate (which as has rightly been said, the new electrician doesn't necessarily need and may be looking to save himself some time (although if he wants it to compare his test results with the previous, that's a valid reason)), and 2) the Part P certificate which I believe is the one the OP hasn't got and is asking about.

The original electrician would have produced the EIC using paper, software or his schemes software if they offer it (NAPIT have NAPIT Desktop).

The Part P certificate is produced by the LABC and if so selected, can be sent to the householder as well as going on their records. LABC produce the certificate as a result of the electrician notifying them of the work he's carried out. That, in NAPITs case, is done by filling in an online form in a database which NAPIT then notify to LABC. Although of course he could also have included LABCs inspection in his job price and they would have done it.

If the original electrician e.g. created his EIC online with NAPITs Desktop software, it wouldn't automatically generate a Part P notification in the earlier versions and he would have had to do that separately just as he would have if he'd done a paper or Non NAPIT EIC.

The OPs right, if he wants to sell the house, he'll be asked for the Part P certificate. If he hasn't got one, some LABCs will accept a recent 'Satisfactory' EICR in it's place

Reply to Full House Rewire - Received Schedule but No Part P in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've recently has an EICR (report attached) carried out on my two bed flat because I need to rent it out for a year. The electrician has come back...
Replies
Views
In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I recently moved out of my rented property, and as expected, my landlord is attempting to withhold a significant portion of my...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I did a 4 year apprenticeship, finishing in 1994 with C&G 236 parts 1 &2 with AM2. I worked for a few companies and then went in to the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock