Discuss Funerals and you think plumbers earn a fortune in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

My mate is in the trade and an ordinary pine effect (chipboard) box is £85 as a flat pack! Doctor's sign 2death certificates, the coroner's one free (and off you go to the morgue) but the release to funeral director death certificate is £85+VAT...
Money for the funeral comes out of the estate, so the more paid the less the Government gets, I am not a fan of paying too much tax a reasonable amount is fine, but I don't like being fleeced.

SWD, I totally agree...but, it doesn't always work that way...

£100k estate=no tax
£325k estate=no tax
My figures are a bit out of date, sorry...
£1,000,000 estate, no tax on first 325k...and sliding scale thereafter...
Funeral bill, £5000...estate pays no tax, but funeral director pays 40% tax...
Somehow, the government gets paid at every turn.
My dad left me a little money, and a couple of paintings he bought at auction because he had an eye for a good painting...
Result?
He paid £1000 for the pictures, they fetched £100,000, so CGT took 38% of the profit, so the government made a huge sum from his expertise, but did nothing for it.
'twas ever thus...
Oh well, things are worse in other places...but i hate giving money to the government who just waste it...

HS2?

Really?

People using food banks?
In the UK?

Are we really that crap?

Who gets all the money?

Brexit?

How much?

Are we really paying that much to leave?

Is Jose Murinho worth a 21million payout?

Could we buy a hospital?

Some GPs?

Some health visitors?

Oh well....

House about £2m not sure in the family who gets what as there is husbands family in Poland to take care of as well as any one else.

They had no children, its just annoying that the Government takes but when you need something and you where never a life long scrounger then you get bugger all out of them.

Reply to Funerals and you think plumbers earn a fortune in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net