Discuss Galaxy 16 plus not setting properly in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Norm

Hi there

A strange problem has started happening with our Galaxy 16 alarm. When setting it and leaving the house everything seems fine. But when returning home, a couple of seconds after opening the front door the alarm goes off. We enter the pin to stop the alarm and everything's fine.

But is there a way to get the alarm not to go off after a couple of seconds, before this problem started we had about 10 seconds before the alarm would go off.

Thanks

Do you have a door contact on the door that you enter? Could be that this is faulty and is not operating when you open the door, causing you to activate a different sensor when you arrive

Do you have a door contact on the door that you enter? Could be that this is faulty and is not operating when you open the door, causing you to activate a different sensor when you arrive

sounds a good call. unless the programming has become corrupted, i can't think of anything else.

depends on if he's just come back from a 3 hour session in the local pub. :party:

Hi Guys when it rains it pours more unrelated problems on something else.

Thanks for the suggestion kwcfc and yes there is a door contact, is there a way I can test it to see if it's ok.

Thanks

Hi Martin thanks for getting back, yes I have the User guide, should I try the test now?

Just tested the zones and all zones are working apart from the front door. Is the front door sensor a diy fix or do I need to call someone out?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be able to replace it yourself, just take a note or photo of the connections, you will probably set the tamper alarm off when you disconnect the cables,but just enter your code to silence alarm until you have completed the replacement .

Reply to Galaxy 16 plus not setting properly in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net