Discuss Galv conduit install prices in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lintay

-
Reaction score
hi guys can someone help me out there with the going rate to install Galv conduit 20mm
The main contractor is providing all the materials.
Is there a going rate per meter? Per cut ? Per point?
Thx

Wouldn't it all depend on how long it too the person to install it.
Some people may bend/install quicker than others.

Is there a going rate per meter? Per cut ? Per point?

I'd go with @bigspark17 suggestion. Your above suggestion would all depend on each individual install. e.g. Is the install at ground level or are ladders/cherry picker needed.

Strangely it seems to be commonplace to pay subbies per meter around here, but it's horrendously unfair as someone could have heaps of straight runs whilst someone else is bending and setting all over the place.

The main contractor has set a price for the works which I think is too low,i wanted to go back to him with the going standard rate if there is one.
Well if the price is to low, then the main contractor, must bear the loss, is the contractor a building Guy or an Electrical Contractor, if it's the former it will teach him not to dabble in something he has no idea about, if it's Labour only, then work out how long you think it will take and give him a price, this sort of job will become a headache, when it comes to conduit fittings that haven't been factored in, tell him your concerns, get it in writing if he agrees to supply extra materials, otherwise walk away.Tin hat on.

I don’t know what the going rate is, as I don’t do price work.
However, at THFC the subbies were expected to install 10 lengths of 4m conduit per (10 hour) day, for a day rate of about £220.

I agree with other's about an hourly rate or even day rate, you have no way of knowing what obstacles you are going to encounter.
Or if it's possible give him a price for the whole job.

Reply to Galv conduit install prices in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net