Discuss Galvenised backbox depth in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
When sinking in galv backboxes into new block walls, how much is best to leave proud of the wall to allow the dot and dabbed board to come flush with the front.

I've got 35 & 47mm boxes to sink in.

Most of the builders and spreads I work with say 25mm for the depth of the dob and Plasterboard though this will vary. Ie for a 35mm box sink it 10mm and for a 47 22-25mm

Last edited by a moderator:
As above but its really best to ask the builder as they all tend to be different and if possible get it in writing to cover your own back should things go wrong.

Chris

a lot will depend if there are any high spots on the wall as this will determine the gap between the wall and the back of the board, if its a decent wall the board will prob. be 12mm gap behind 8mm to 12mm so it looks like your sinking the box approx 10mm ,but think about it if your box finishes proud of the board youve got a problem

yours benji

Customer aint found a plasterer yet.

To cover me ---, I think I'll drop them im with 20mm proud and if the boards are out further, use longer screws for the sockets.

The walls are brand new block so supur flat.

Cheers guys

Reply to Galvenised backbox depth in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, We're currently having a new kitchen fitted and in the process we've had some new electrical work done. The electricains are comeing...
Replies
Views
Hey all :-) Hope its chill that I'm here asking questions, I just inherited this old decrepit place in NSW (Australia) and went to wash my hands...
Replies
Views
An odd question granted but bear with me. I've got to extend a radial circuit in a community centre to fit a new hand dryer in the toilets, but I...
Replies
Views
hello, we recently had our siding replaced with hardie board. Where there was a wall mounted light the siding installer left 4" round hole that...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Got new build coming up where they're wanting some low level wall lights for the staircases. Walls are : Concrete block + dot/dab...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock