Discuss GE subpanel wiring issue in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

evanLo

DIY
Reaction score
I had someone wire up a subpanel for an electric clothes dryer and it wasn't working. Showing low voltage error code on the dryer. Long story short, after I checked everything else I figured out it was the box he put in.
But I'm wondering if I'm right as to why it didn't work? He said it was a 'bad box' but I sort of think it was wired incorrectly but I've never used\seen this type box.

I attached a couple pictures.
The dryer is the two 30 amp breakers (there was a piece of copper connecting the breaker throws). I would think that one breaker would have to be connected to one hot and the other to the other. But both breakers are coming off of the black wire terminal on the left.PXL_20230416_163852114.jpgPXL_20230417_154737231.jpg

Reply to GE subpanel wiring issue in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The title should sound crazy enough, but it's what happening in my 72-years old home we've purchased 2 years ago. I found the crazy...
Replies
Views
In July I moved into my new home with Schluter DITRA heated floors in the bathroom. The floor quit working in December, and my GC and a rep from...
Replies
Views
Replaced our old 240v hot tub with a new one, which also uses 240v for motors, heater, etc, and 120v for low amp LEDs and touch screen control...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody. We had a Texecom system installed 3 years ago. Earlier this year we had a battery problem and the installer came back and changed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock