Discuss general rant....ish in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

surely, if you were to cut off the plug you would connect to a FCU, not to an unfused outlet.

As Malcolm has posited out, as have i on several occasions, appliances originating from overseas will often have blanket requirements that bear no resemblance to BS7671, Especially where they call for a dedicated 16A supply, as they are basically referring to the usual European/USA radial type circuits, and not to the UK's RFC for arguments sake!! The better manufactures instructions will come with a paragraph directing you to your countries electrical codes or regulations.

Don't Blindly follow manufactures instructions especially where cooking appliances are involved, they can completely mislead you as to what is or isn't needed... Really, you should know what is and what isn't acceptable....

And NO cutting a molded plug off an appliance and connecting the cable to another BS7671 approved/recognised accessory will ''NOT'' void any manufactures warranty or Guarantee, no matter what you have heard elsewhere... lol!!

surely, if you were to cut off the plug you would connect to a FCU, not to an unfused outlet.

Exactly my point tel!!! The OP was not happy to connect the appliances because he was told to connect them to unfused connection plates and he refused to do so.
He was asking if there were regs for him to present to the electrician and builder who have told him that the RCBO in the CU is adequate protection and isolation.
I was merely repeating what had been said about having to follow manufacturers instructions regarding fusing to comply with the regs.

I hope that makes sense to everyone as I don't want to type it all out again :)

got you. i'd forgotten about the OP's bit about the unfused cooker connection units. it was a few hours ago that i first read the OP. and that's way above my 3 minute attention span. at the time i agreed with his refusal to connect.

Here is a paragraph from the On site guide

Permanently connected equipment
Equipment should be locally protected by a fuse of rating not exceeding 13 amp or by a circuit breaker of rating not exceeding 16amp
and should be controlled by a switch where needed
A separate switch is not required if the circuit breaker is to be used as a switch

The above comes from the section headed Final circuits using socket outlets complying with blah blah

The whole section seems to trip over itself with clarity

Here is a paragraph from the On site guide

Permanently connected equipment
Equipment should be locally protected by a fuse of rating not exceeding 13 amp or by a circuit breaker of rating not exceeding 16amp
and should be controlled by a switch where needed
A separate switch is not required if the circuit breaker is to be used as a switch

The above comes from the section headed Final circuits using socket outlets complying with blah blah

The whole section seems to trip over itself with clarity

The point a few of us were making is that "Manufacturers instructions" overrules that. If an appliance states that "must be protected by a 13 amp fuse", then that is what you have to do.

The point a few of us were making is that "Manufacturers instructions" overrules that. If an appliance states that "must be protected by a 13 amp fuse", then that is what you have to do.

Sorry to confuse the flow of the thread
The post above is correct and I agree entirely with the comment and have not made argument against the advise

My reply was to the kitchen fitter where he replied to my own question to him "Have you read the section on fixed appliances"

"not as yet des, that will now be my light read material for bed time".

Reply to general rant....ish in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net