Discuss Getting power from house to Garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there.
I want power in my garage which is NOT attached to my house, its around 20-25 meters from the main house consumer unit to the garage.
There is conduit installed underground going from the House consumer unit, to the garage.
Also in my main Consumer unit I have a 32amp spare breaker for the garage.
Am I right in thinking I can use 6mm SWA going from the 32amp breaker, under ground and up into a mini consumer 2 breaker unit in the garage?
All there will be in the garage is a few plug sockets and a couple of strip lights.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

There’s a few more things you need to take into consideration here.

Earthing arrangement of your installation,
Maximum demand / design current, RCD protection, voltage drop, Zs for achieving disconnection times, any extraneous parts in the garage. Testing & Inspection & notifying LABC as a start.

You’re better off getting a sparky in that knows what he’s doing.

is It a conduit tube or plastic ducting ?

this kind of job would take a sparks less than day , so might be worth getting yourself a quote from someone local

Reply to Getting power from house to Garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I want to make some electrical upgrades to my detached garage. I want to update the subpanel in the detached garage, and I want to add a 240V...
Replies
Views
Hi, just helping someone out and apologies for the long winded post. Would like install a couple of weatherproof double sockets on the patio. 1...
Replies
Views
I have a detached garage with a 60 AMP subpanel which has lost power. I traced the failure to the wire running under the walkway via conduit...
Replies
Views
Help please! I need a Tesla Gen 2 EV charger fitted in my garage which is 22m from the consumer unit. My electrician is proposing to route a 6mm...
Replies
Views
Was having a poke around the old man's house today. Anyway. DB is under stairs (18th ed following a recent extension. Not done by me but it's...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock