Discuss good iphone case for work use? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

ExArmy

-
Reaction score
with the new iphone 4S announced today i was thinking of upgrading, but then decided that unless i can find a way of keeping dust out i might aswell not bother because it's alot of money to spend on a phone which will get wrecked in approx six months from dust ingress. the problem is my pockets are always filling up with dust, and the dust gets into the phones and knackers them.

i've tried the pathetic dust covers on ebay that are designed to cover the charger port and the headphone jack, they just fall out after half an hour.
also i have used the rubber cases that you can buy that cover the back of the phone, theses seem to make the dust problem worse as they trap it between the case and the phone!
is there any decent covers available that cover all of the phone?
is it just me who has this dust problem? i've broken 1 3GS so far purely from dust ingresswith 6 months use, and the second one is getting on a bit after approx 5 months, i regularly take it apart and hoover it to clean all the dust out this helps but it's not really a solution

Not seen any, just have a basic rubber one on mine (and velcro pockets) ... may sound like a daft idea but what about one of the small resealable freezer type bags to keep it safe?

Otterbox Defender, got one for my iphone4, keeps out dust and makes the phone practically indestructible. Check on YouTube for vids of people trying to smash up the phone with one on

About £20 from eBay/amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
or a metal ciggy case from your local car boot sale, about £1.

I bought a replica otterbox on amazon for a fiver and it does the job well, turns your phone into a bit of a brick though!
Most people say to me "thats a massive case" but i'd rather have a phone thats bigger but works properly. Has also come in handy a couple times when ive found the dog using it as a chew toy!

I’d go with alarm-man, ban them!
My local has just had a new landlord, he hasn’t got time to serve beer for pratting about with his I-phone, I-pod and every other gadget he’s got lined up behind the bar.

well, the otterbox defender looked good, but it doesn't stop dust and grit getting in.
a brickie who i work with has been looking for a good case to protect his iphone4, and upon finding about this otterbox case I told him about it, and he ordered one from ebay straight away. first day on the job with his new case we were ripping up an old kitchen floor (concrete flags) and knocking through into an extension(old sanstone wall built with lime mortar) both using demolition hammers, and at the end of the day both of us were covered in dust, pockets rull of rubble and dust, and he takes out his iphone to check a text or something and complains to me that his new case i told him to get is rubbish and its full of dust! the silicone case around the edge is not a tight fit, it lets in loads of dust, opening up one of the bungs just reveals grit and dust that is trapped inside rubbig against the phone. it was so bad that i could hear him operating the touch screen as there was dust underneath the film over the screen and it was crackling. so, i won't be buying one then. i'm still looking for a suitable case.

defender or replica off fleabay, to be fair ex-army underthose circumstances only an air tight container would keep dust out!!! maybe your mate should put his phone in a tupperware container, bit bulky in the pocket though!!

Reply to good iphone case for work use? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net