Discuss Good Quality Consumer Unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LCV

Hi,

I am having a loft conversion, which will take the house to 4 floors (including the ground floor), so need to replace my current CU. In addition, the current CU will not pass Building Regs. Could you please recommend good brands for CUs? And is it possible to give me some guidance as to what I might need?

Many thanks!

Hi,

I am having a loft conversion, which will take the house to 4 floors (including the ground floor), so need to replace my current CU. In addition, the current CU will not pass Building Regs. Could you please recommend good brands for CUs? And is it possible to give me some guidance as to what I might need?

Many thanks!

why wont it pass current building regs?

Could you please recommend good brands for CUs? And is it possible to give me some guidance as to what I might need?
!

Schneider Multi-9 boards are the dogs danglies these days, they are the new version of MG isobar boards.

As for what you need, a competant electrician would be a good start

I can't stand them! Hate the different coloured breakers! Personally would only ever use them as a last choice. They always make me think of diyers boards as there used to be a hardware store where I used to live that sold them about 15 years ago!

I can't stand them! Hate the different coloured breakers! Personally would only ever use them as a last choice. They always make me think of diyers boards as there used to be a hardware store where I used to live that sold them about 15 years ago!

Ok so you are basing this on the sound technical reasons of not liking the colour of the toggles or the fact that one DIY shop used to sell them?
Are MEM boards also rubbish because they use the same toggle colours? What about moeller?

Reply to Good Quality Consumer Unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net