Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

GU10 LED's

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum' started by rainstorm, Feb 21, 2012.

Discuss GU10 LED's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. rainstorm

rainstorm EF Member

Evening all,

Has anyone been fitting "Lamp & Gear" 4W LED's?

I've fitted quite a few, mainly in shop lighting to existing fittings, and have had a few failures, some within weeks. Some have been in downlighters and some in spotlight fittings (not enclosed).

Just wondering if I've been unlucky!

2. Jel

Jel Regular EF Member

I have had major problems with GU10 LEDs. You need to measure the supply voltage, as if its under 220v then the lamps do start to fail.

3. mackers

mackers Guest

hi
    changed about 50 last month in a bar took 12v lamps and tranis out and replaced with 4&5 w gu10 leds
    had about 5 go 2 of them taking out dimmers fingers crossed haven;t hurd anything since.
    also had one go at home took it out of fitting and the lamp was still flashing in my hand for a few minutes!
    all bought from cef

4. brooky25

brooky25 Guest

Ive used a lot of kosnic 5 watt Led's. Only ones that have gone down are the dimmable ones. Normal ones have been fine

5. rainstorm

rainstorm EF Member

I'm going to site tomorrow where 4 have failed within 2 months so I'll test the supply voltage.

Thanks for replies folks.

6. mackers

mackers Guest

ye mine where a dimmable ones! i hate dimmers1