Discuss Happy Chinese New Year... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Engineer54

Flew up to Beijing with the company yesterday for the Chinese New Year celebrations. The firework displays that started at midnight were to say the least out of this world and are still going on, may not be as spectacular as the initial displays but some are still quite impressive.

All us Brit's had to go out and buy some extra warm clothing today, it's bloody freezing here minus 15 degrees C lol!!
It's absolutly chaotic here, the roads, trains, airports are jammed packed, as is the hotel were in. Can't begin to describe the amount of people milling around, i thought Hong Kong was populated, but here, it knocks' that place into a cocked hat ...lol!!

I was going to take a couple of the lads to visit a section of the Great Wall, but i think they may of had second thoughts about that one, in this weather...lol!! We flew up and will be flying back on a private 30 seater Dornier 328 jet, (Jet Black) that the company has some interest in. The Captain (an Aussie) reckons he had another 2 round trips to make on behalf of our company for the celebrations... Were flying back Wednesday morning. All the normal domestic flights have been fully booked for months, as has the trains, be they bullet trains or the normal variety. The roads are also full of coaches going all over the place, mainly i would imagine to the outer suburbs or the closer cities...

Going down for some breakfast soon, then see what's happening with the others. This is certainly NOT the best time of year to visit Beijing, unless you happen to be a polar Bear!! lol!!

Anyway, ...Kung Hey Fat Choy to you all in (relatively warm) UK ...lol!!

you in you luminous shorts and hawian shirt and flip flosps and a multimeter behind your ear, be good for a visit...

so what do you acutaly do engineer 54, do you install robots for production lines or something

you in you luminous shorts and hawian shirt and flip flosps and a multimeter behind your ear, be good for a visit...

so what do you acutaly do engineer 54, do you install robots for production lines or something

Nothing as glamorous, were building a private hospital complex, but in a much warmer Province than Beijing... Have you any idea what -15C feels like?? lol!! Not quite as bad as a short job i was on in Poland, that was around -20ish C ...Your exhaled breath freezes and falls to the ground...lol!!

Loads of people to talk to, lovely displays, free flights, an invigorating nip in the air!

What have you to worry about/ happy Chinese New Year

You've managed to make it all sound quite appealing!! lol!!

Anyway, i'm off to have a HOT shower, and get some breakfast. While i'm in the resturant I'll try out my very limited Mandarin and see what happens, ....Not a lot is my guess, just a few nods and some embarrassing smiles, if i'm lucky...lol!!

just out of curiosity do you work for a british based firm or did you move over seas Engineer54

No, i don't work for a British based or owned company, it's been a long time since i've worked for a British company overseas. The Project is owned and financed by 5 very wealthy Chinese entrepreneurs, whom i have completed a couple of previous contracts/projects with.

I have worked overseas for the vast majority of my working career, but still being home based in the UK. I sold up and moved to Cyprus, on a full time basis if you like, around 13 years ago, but in honesty, have only spent little time there, mostly vacations, and periods in-between contracts...

Reply to Happy Chinese New Year... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net