Discuss Have you ever met a gay tradesman?! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I once made the mistake in a Gay club of asking a man sat at the bar if he would like me to push his stool in! :dizzy2:

I'm sorry I'll behave now.

Several, the thing is not many of them are out at work. There's no need for them to be. Given some of the absolute garbage I've heard coming out of people's mouths regarding gays I couldn't blame anyone for keeping it quiet.

.......fantastic trev!!!!!! ,.......great way of putting it!!!

the ignorance of some ppl , in this day and age is staggering.....

I don't know, I never have asked anyone I have ever met never mind on site what their sexuality is.

...well no, but it comes up in convo dosent it whilst working or on a break, you dont have to ask someone their sexuality, but as a convo glides on, you'd notice if a guy said "me and my boyfriend ...or me and my husband are doing this that or the other this weekend....

........same if a women did the same thing,.....itll get more and more normalized,......eventually...:rolleyes4:

Eddiespark, I think this is just your way of coming out the closet and you are just weighing up the responses first.

I hae a friend, I think he's gay, I couldn't care less which way you swing etc, makes no odds to me.

Strngely I did ome pat testing for this DJ round the corner, dint know him, he seemed nice, nothing to suggest he was gay, this other lad them comes home, as gay as gay gets, and they kissed, and I thought, OH, I see, anyway, makes no odds to me.

Oooh stoppit ;)

I've spent too many years in the theatre industry, being straight puts me in a minority in that world!
A great deal of my work,and,friends,are in the equestrian job,and it is fairly well populated by an amazing cornucopia of deviations from the standard...i count amongst them young gay and lesbian couples,and even a 60 odd year old farmer who had the full gender reassignment....yes i ask,yes they tell,no i have no issue with anyones wiring. I have almost always had the same attitude to folk. Colour,religion,age,ability...not bothered,we did worse to the Gypsies in this country than we ever have to slaves (read yer history) ...Now, if we want to persecute a group of people,let's start with those who think Big Brother is good television...

Interesting, I suppose I may well have worked with lots of gay people but just didnt know it. And the building trade is old fashioned about everything else so stands to reason not very tolerant of gay people!

By the way I did say gay TRADESMEN so painters and decorators dont count. 'If you can p iss you can paint'

;)

Interesting, I suppose I may well have worked with lots of gay people but just didnt know it. And the building trade is old fashioned about everything else so stands to reason not very tolerant of gay people!

By the way I did say gay TRADESMEN so painters and decorators dont count. 'If you can p iss you can paint'

;)

You may well have as I was in my local and was talking to the Chef who was having a pint after he had finished work.

When we where talking it came out that he was gay and his partner was the effeminate barman behind the bar.

You don't have to go round talking or acting like Graham Norton or Larry Grayson to be gay.

Very good lesbian plumber in my area, also a lesbian builder.
One of my best friends is a homo.
I was a guest at the first civil partnership in this county.

Very good lesbian plumber in my area, also a lesbian builder.
One of my best friends is a homo.
I was a guest at the first civil partnership in this county.

Would he still be your friend if he knew you called him that!!!

With my good friends I'm even more insulting then what you would hear as standard site banter.

Its all down to the individual... One of my mates grew up with two brothers and one was gay, they nick named him "The puff" and still refer to him as such, there is no problem, they are all happy and love each other

Reply to Have you ever met a gay tradesman?! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net