Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Heating system wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. eagleeye

eagleeye Regular EF Member

Im just in the process of installing a large heating / hot water system in a restaurant / bar and need some advice on selection of gear for wiring it. I would really like to have everything going back to a main "din rail" enclosure. I need to install relays in the system as I have 6 motorised valves and 4 pumps and various stats / programmers The boilers are system type so also have pumps in. The relays i need to fit are to stop livening up the switch lives to boiler and pumps when only one motorised valve is on. (if that makes sense !!)

Would like to make it up myself but never done one. But can anyone recommend a company or someone who makes this sort of thing

2. ImpededLoop

ImpededLoop Electrician's Arms

Where are you based?

3. eagleeye

eagleeye Regular EF Member

Chigwell, Essex. Local to london

4. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    If you know the wiring arrangement you want then then selection of devices and connections should be fairly straightforward.
    The arrangement of those devices to look logical and easy may be more difficult!
    If you are unsure of the wiring arrangement then assistance would be a good idea, but the cost of getting someone to make up a din rail enclosure with 20 terminal blocks and 6 relays (or whatever is required) would appear excessive compared to you purchasing the items and assembling them.
    The actual wiring would be down to you in the end in either case.

You can do the assembly and circuit assessment off site and simply supply the completed unit ready to wire in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Trusted Advisor

Do you want some one to make it up and make the final connections?

6. dansk

dansk Electrician's Arms

Just use a big gwiss adapatble box, bit of din rail and some 8 pin relays.

Watch for the 3 phase pumps if commercial! It's possible.

7. Lagentium

Lagentium Regular EF Member

Backfeeds on central heating systems are some of the most comical things I've ever seen, so well played in addressing it to begin with and in the correct manner! Why not put a couple of pictures up? Is there a size restriction for any enclosure? Space is sometimes at a premium in plant rooms because pipe fitter tend to not really care about the electrical installation, the enclosure might as well have room for expansion as things always get added in and there's no point struggling to fit everything in.