Discuss Height of Zone 1 2.5m above the shower tray or 2.25m off the floor? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
When looking for the height of Zone 1 above a shower, we typically look at the diagrams which show 2.25m above floor level, with no Zone 2 above (although some variants of the zone diagram on various websites do show a zone 2 above a shower).

The text however (under 702.32), says Zone 1 is limited by "the horizontal plane 2.5m above the floor or the surface expected to be occupied by persons". The surface occupied by persons is presumably the shower tray (or the base of a bath).

The latter appears to be at odds with the former. Can somebody please clarify for me, is this an error and if so which is correct, or is there some way to reconcile the two that I have not seen?

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I was unable to find it.

Reply to Height of Zone 1 2.5m above the shower tray or 2.25m off the floor? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

M
Hi ive had a quick search but can't seem to find a definitive answer. I'm just wondering if zone 2 is up to 600mm above zone 1 above a bath or...
Replies
Views
G
hi all, first post here (brilliant forum by the way!) i'm looking for some opinions on this; we are installing ceiling mounted 230v Extractor...
Replies
Views
N
Got a bath with a 6" gap at the tap end between the end of the bath and the wall; the gap is finished with horizontal tiles. Within the narrow...
Replies
Views
NickD
N
I
Hi All, I'm hoping for some advice on a confusing subject! I have just changed all my down lights in my bathroom as the old ones were rusty and...
Replies
Views
D
Completed a job about a month ago on a small extension. They created a downstairs toilet and shower which is L shaped. On the architects plans it...
Replies
Views
shocking_eg
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock