Discuss Help please with my house alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

daniel1234

Firstly hello, I am new to this forum :waving:. I am looking for some advise on my newly purchased alarm kit. I know this isn't them alarm section of the forum but that part of the forum is private. I brought myself a HW8GSM kit. It comes with a accenta g4 panel, which the manual states that no more than a total current of 1A is to be drawn from the Accenta panel in alarm conditions. Now I have worked out the current draw from all the items within the kit:

Accenta panel in alarm mode: 250ma
LCD keypad in alarm mode: 70ma
AG6 bell box in alarm mode: 520ma
PIRs in alarm mode total 6: 60ma
GSM AD06 in alarm mode: 310ma Total 1,210ma, Which is over the 1A limit for the Panel. Now my question is will this cause a problem with my alarm system? And is it possible someone could clarify if there is a set amount of time an alarm system should be able to run off its own power in stand by mode? Many Thanks

only problem is you will loose sounder volume, ....Pirs are only 15 mA each in normal operation, and 45 mA if led is enabled in detection mode. The GSM will only have quick bursts at 320mA and should sit in standby at 80mA. Would suggest doing a standby and alarm current reading to confirm actual readings

only problem is you will loose sounder volume, ....Pirs are only 15 mA each in normal operation, and 45 mA if led is enabled in detection mode. The GSM will only have quick bursts at 320mA and should sit in standby at 80mA. Would suggest doing a standby and alarm current reading to confirm actual readings

Yes I would like to try and keep the bell box on the loudest option if I can. If it draws more that 1A could this cause damage to the transformer in the accenta control panel? Does anyone know if there is a regulation on how long the alarm should run on standby with only the battery powering it? Thanks again for the replies

because your on the lowest grade 1... 12 hours is accepted, if your calculations are correct, then you will need to install a aux power supply with battery backup to power gsm and aux devices.

I have now wired up the alarm system but I am stuck with a problem. Basically I set up my GSM auto dialler GJD with my alarm panel. I used a power adaptor plug to power the auto dialler and connected the tamper into the pir tamper ring. The trigger which requires a negative feed I connected to the bell negative trigger on the accenta g4 panel. The problem I have is the auto dialler contentiously calls out as soon as I have turned the main power back on to it. if I remove the trigger wire going from the gsm auto dialler into the bell negative on the alarm panel it stops dialling out. Now what is wrong? I have spoken to the company I brought the hw8 system from and they told me they cant help as its a wired system I must call Honeywell technical. I did mention to them that it was relating to the gsm auto dialler as the alarm its self is working fine and the auto dialler isn't made my Honeywell. Anyway I spoke to Honeywell technical and the only answer I got from them is that the accenta g4 panel is not equipped for a gsm auto dialler. Can someone please send some knowledge my way please

Link the -v from the gsm power supply with the accenta -v panel. to keep the save neg potential
Thank you for the reply I will try this tomorrow, where abouts on the alarm panel should I connect the -v as there are a few points On the pannel?

And one last question :) I have an internal honeywell siren. It needs a + and - 12v supplie. It doesn't have a trigger connection. Can I wire this to the bell points on the alarm pannel +&-. I cant see any other way of connecting the internal siren.

cheers

internal siren is + to bell+. and - to bell trig-.

would suggest not using siren, but external speaker.....remove internal speaker and connect to speaker terminals on the pcb.
with gsm panel link, connect aux - on panel pcb, to -v on gsm pcb board.

Would like to say a thank you for everyone's help. I have now got everything up and running just as it should be. I ended up connecting the 12v internal siren via the pos and neg bell feeds. the gsm auto dialler I linked the 0v- with the 0v- on the keypad connection on the accenta panel. I also kept the 0v- from the power adaptor connected with the gsm dialler as I guess that's what I was meant to do. Thank you again :)

Sorry to bring up this Thread again but I just had a thought. Should I have ditch the negative coming from the charger to the gsm dialler as I have now connected one to the alarm panel or do I need to keep the negative connected for the regulated power adaptor to work? Cheers again

You are not connected to the charger, you are connected at 0v potential, without this link the panel will not trigger the gsm

You are not connected to the charger, you are connected at 0v potential, without this link the panel will not trigger the gsm

Okay I am most probably going to come across as really stupid for not understanding, but are you saying I should remove the negative from the charger now? or keep the two negatives wired in? Thanks again :)

keep both -v connected or it will not trigger gsm....this has nothing to do with any charger, the only charger is connected to the battery.

keep both -v connected or it will not trigger gsm....this has nothing to do with any charger, the only charger is connected to the battery.

Thank you again that solves that then, I was just getting confused because of the two external power supplies connected.

Reply to Help please with my house alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net