Discuss Help pricing 3 bed rewire please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

£2100 is definitely under priced. However, with it being your first rewire then perhaps just go with that price as the experience will be great. I underpriced my first rewire, but I'm glad I did as it was good to get one under the belt. Next time give a more 'average' quote as you don't want a reputation for being cheap.
I would be about £5000 in total.
Cheers bud appreciate that - I am half way through the job and its been 4 days GRAFT - Have been thinking either im really slow or I have underpriced my labour - Priced it at £200 a day (£25/hr) for my labour and £100 a day for my mate - Was hoping to get it wrapped up in 7 days - 1st fix 98% done - So hopefully get 2nd fix / DB and test squeezed in the last 3 days to make my money ?

7 days is about right for a full chased in 3 bedder rewire ( 1 sparks 1 apprentice.
2 sparks could probably crush it in 4 days flat if you work 10 hour days

at my age 10 hour days are a big no-no. in a 24 hour day, 10 hours sleep, 8 hours rest and relaxation, including beer time, leaves 6 hours work time, and that's if I can be arsed getting out of a warm bed on a freezing cold mid-morning.

The way to really make money if your business is predominantly rewires is send in the labourers day 1 to rip up all the floors and chop out all the chases.
send in the apprentices day 2 to pull all the cables.
send in the plasters day 3 to fill up chases.
send the apprentices back day 4 to second fix,
send yourself in day 5 to consumer unit and Certs (home by 3)

no problem

i struggled with pricing literally for years

until I started seeing what other sparks were charging and realised I was about 50% too cheap
This just happened to me as scrolling through other posts -
The way to really make money if your business is predominantly rewires is send in the labourers day 1 to rip up all the floors and chop out all the chases.
send in the apprentices day 2 to pull all the cables.
send in the plasters day 3 to fill up chases.
send the apprentices back day 4 to second fix,
send yourself in day 5 to consumer unit and Certs (home by 3)
I like the sound of that mate! Just need to establish myself n hopefully make it here 1 day ?

send in the labourers day 1 to rip up all the floors and chop out all the chases. then spend half a day pacifying the customer and cleaning up
send in the apprentices day 2 to pull all the cables. another half day checking their work and rectifying the disasters
send in the plasters day 3 to fill up chases. and a day to find and dig out all your boxes
send the apprentices back day 4 to second fix, another day to put their work right
send yourself in day 5 to consumer unit and Certs (home by 3) youse avin a laff?

probably being a bit flippant , but I do reckon with a decent labourer team and 2 semi decent apprentices you could use this model for unoccupied rewires...

Cheers bud appreciate that - I am half way through the job and its been 4 days GRAFT - Have been thinking either im really slow or I have underpriced my labour - Priced it at £200 a day (£25/hr) for my labour and £100 a day for my mate - Was hoping to get it wrapped up in 7 days - 1st fix 98% done - So hopefully get 2nd fix / DB and test squeezed in the last 3 days to make my money ?
I do rewires by myself and I expect it would take me around 3 weeks (15 -18 days) to complete the one you're doing, although it's impossible to say really without being there, plus i think im a bit slower than most. They are bloody hard work!
I doubt you'll get it finished in 3 days, why don't you give yourself 5 and take the pressure off a bit. You'll earn a bit less but enjoy it more ?.

I do rewires by myself and I expect it would take me around 3 weeks (15 -18 days) to complete the one you're doing, although it's impossible to say really without being there, plus i think im a bit slower than most. They are bloody hard work!
I doubt you'll get it finished in 3 days, why don't you give yourself 5 and take the pressure off a bit. You'll earn a bit less but enjoy it mor
I'm 61 years old rewire done in 2 weeks
That's be me self. I could teach you a things or two.. Lol.

I doubt you'll get it finished in 3 days, why don't you give yourself 5 and take the pressure off a bit. You'll earn a bit less but enjoy it more ?.
Nice 1 - I have got in the back of my mind that it may take longer but 3 days is my target - 10 mins per point and then 1 day for the CU test and wrapping up

I have read the 10 mins per point on here before, does anyone really think it takes that long, to cut and strip three or even six cables and screw then into a socket or switch, I am interested because I have timed myself and wondered if anyone else has?

Before anyone answers if they don't time themselves, just sit down for ten minutes doing nothing and see how bored you get.

The 10 min thing is probsbly about correct , once you factor in cleaning out the box , cutting & stripping cables , terminating cables , screw back & level , sweep up then pick up stuff and move to the next point.
(not to mention taking a swig of tea and checking Facebook 4 times)

used to be about 10 mins. 2nd fix a point for me. these days it's more like 20. 15 for the work itself and 5 for a smoke between points.

one thing i like about the 450mm min. socket height is that i can fix sitting down on toolbox, instead of going on knees to grub about close to floor.

I have read the 10 mins per point on here before, does anyone really think it takes that long, to cut and strip three or even six cables and screw then into a socket or switch, I am interested because I have timed myself and wondered if anyone else has?

Before anyone answers if they don't time themselves, just sit down for ten minutes doing nothing and see how bored you get.
I just made that up - is it actually a thing? Just thinking on average - Considering some points are outside lights, 10mm shower isolator and 5ft fittings to put up..

Ten minutes per point used for pricing means that in a four hour day you can fix twenty four points, but is not a real world fixing time, the only thing that could delay a fixing time to anywhere near that would be a break out cable outlet thats left jagged edges and needs extra work to make the exit smooth. IMO

I’ve never really looked at rewires as a time per point exercise, just as a whole job and rough times to achieve each phase of the job...

mew builds regularly did per point as they tend to be painting by numbers so once you do the first unit you know exactly how long each unit should take

rewires vary dramatically and no two are ever the same

if you are really struggling to get pricing right on day work I tend to say £1250 a weeks Labour and you can’t go too far wrong

I’ve never really looked at rewires as a time per point exercise, just as a whole job and rough times to achieve each phase of the job...

mew builds regularly did per point as they tend to be painting by numbers so once you do the first unit you know exactly how long each unit should take

rewires vary dramatically and no two are ever the same

if you are really struggling to get pricing right on day work I tend to say £1250 a weeks Labour and you can’t go too far wrong
Is that to cover you and your apprentice / mate?

Reply to Help pricing 3 bed rewire please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net