Discuss hi tech on site office in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RichardMoore

Today am determine to go out and get set up with some new gear. Am going to get a mobile 12v printer for my van. But my big sticking Piont is I need either a laptop or iPad to accompany it? But am after knowing if anyone out there uses a system to do invoicing,quoting and accounts on either of these for sole use just in the van whilst on the go. I'll have internet via tethering on my phone so am also keen to start using the Niceic online cert software, am sure someone out there an help. If not suggestions on were I might go to. Many thank in advance

you can get portable printers , use anywhere, not just in van. not cheap though. however, mine came from car boot for ÂŁ3.

Laptop better for work.

Printer on a 12v-230v inverter, much cheaper and you can charge the laptop also.

Not normally the price of the printer but the price of the cartridges that amazes me.

Last edited:
Laptop better for work.

Printer on a 12v-230v inverter, much cheaper and you can charge the laptop also.

Not normally the price of the printer but the price of the cartridges that amazes me.

Go for individual catridges non of this tri-colour crap.

My hp inks are about ÂŁ5 each.

Epson are another cheap one as well with individual ink cartridges.

Have used my Cannon BJC85 for over 7 years now...and still going strong, though truthfully batteries dont last long....only used black ink and refill myself. Great little printer.

Reply to hi tech on site office in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys Couple of questions see what others do maybe 🤔📝 Been using pen/ paper for yonks when dealing with re-drawing plans, everything else I...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone I am looking at getting away from dealing with customers (haha) an am looking to get into site work. I have ECS Approved gold card...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Hello, Not an electrician and I currently live in an apartment building. Over the past few years I have been having abnormal problems with my...
Replies
Views
I never did like transformer theory in my degree course and that was 40 years ago. I'm a boat builder now and we tend to have big battery banks...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock