Discuss hi there didnt know where to post New member in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

monkey2014

I have a single appliance circuit suppling power to a fixed water tank it has a double socket.
I was wondering if I could spur off using a 2.5mm cable to add a 1amp fused connection unit to power a PIV unit In the loft. The PIV unit has a power cable connected to it with 2 wires N and L was wondering if I could just connect a 13amp plug instead of spurring off
any help would be grateful

I'm not from the UK so that's my excuse if this is a dumb question. What's a PIV?

I have a single appliance circuit suppling power to a fixed water tank it has a double socket. I was wondering if I could spur off using a 2.5mm cable to add a 1amp fused connection unit to power a PIV unit In the loft. The PIV unit has a power cable connected to it with 2 wires N and L was wondering if I could just connect a 13amp plug instead of spurring off any help would be grateful
What does the manufactures instructions say with regards to what size fuse is needed?

manufactures instructions are Voltage 240v iph 50hz Consumption 1.6W(min) 15.3W (max) Fuse size 1 Amp

i guess the unit is plastic and the ducts will be plastic ?????? due to the lack of no earth

i guess the unit is plastic and the ducts will be plastic ?????? due to the lack of no earth

the unit is plastic there is a AC/DC adaptor connected between the unit and the end of the cable was wondering if possible just to connect the unit to a plug using a 1 Amp fuse thanks

the unit is plastic there is a AC/DC adaptor connected between the unit and the end of the cable was wondering if possible just to connect the unit to a plug using a 1 Amp fuse thanks

have you got the make and model no ???????

drimaster 2000

"The fan unit is also supplied with a fused spur. The two core mains
cable from the power supply should be connected to a fixed wiring
installation, via the isolator, via the spur, in accordance with current
IEE wiring regulations."

so you can wire it off your lighting/socket circuit with no problems just need use a 1 amp fuse and one of these

Ashley J803 17th Edition Maintenance Free 3 Terminal Junction Box For Power 32A, J803

GET GU5013 Ultimate White Moulded Double Pole Switched Connection Unit With Flex Outlet 13A, GU5013

GET GU9125 Ultimate White Moulded 1 Gang Surface Mounting Box 25mm, GU9125

just make sure you know what you are doing if in doubt get a spark out shouldn't cost you that much either

"The fan unit is also supplied with a fused spur. The two core mains
cable from the power supply should be connected to a fixed wiring
installation, via the isolator, via the spur, in accordance with current
IEE wiring regulations."

so you can wire it off your lighting/socket circuit with no problems just need use a 1 amp fuse and one of these

Ashley J803 17th Edition Maintenance Free 3 Terminal Junction Box For Power 32A, J803

GET GU5013 Ultimate White Moulded Double Pole Switched Connection Unit With Flex Outlet 13A, GU5013

GET GU9125 Ultimate White Moulded 1 Gang Surface Mounting Box 25mm, GU9125

just make sure you know what you are doing if in doubt get a spark out shouldn't cost you that much either
hi there I connected a 13 amp plug to the cable and replaced the 13 amp fuse with a 1 amp fuse and it has power and running ok is this safe to do this

hi there I connected a 13 amp plug to the cable and replaced the 13 amp fuse with a 1 amp fuse and it has power and running ok is this safe to do this

yea that's fine as long as you have a 1 amp fuse in it and the socket is mounted so not to get damaged and not inside the joists surround by insulation

yea that's fine as long as you have a 1 amp fuse in it and the socket is mounted so not to get damaged and not inside the joists surround by insulation

hi there
the socket is a double socket and is fixed to the wall inside the airing cupboard would that be safe enough thanks for your help

Reply to hi there didnt know where to post New member in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net