Discuss HIVE & Gledhill Boilermate 2000 Wiring Guide in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i have a gledhill boiler mate 2000, how do i change the programmer so its connected to the hive L N 3?

i have tried just changing the BG RS1 Thermostat but it didnt work i think i need to remove the programmer but not too sure.

Thanks!

Looking at the Boilermate manual the timewitch appears to be a single channel unit for the heating control and the hot water terminal on the Boilermate is linked to a permanant live
I think you would need to speak to the manufacturers to see if a 2 channel smart controller like the Drayton Wiser could be used to let you have smart control of the Boilermate heating and hot water functions

Looking at the Boilermate manual the timewitch appears to be a single channel unit for the heating control and the hot water terminal on the Boilermate is linked to a permanant live
I think you would need to speak to the manufacturers to see if a 2 channel smart controller like the Drayton Wiser could be used to let you have smart control of the Boilermate heating and hot water functions
Figured it out in the end, programmer can be left in but always on mode. it was to do with the boiler heat being set to medium around 45 C it needs to be set to max for the pump to work. Annoyingly the wiring was fine in the first place but spent hours trying to reconfigure...

Were you trying to connect a single channel hive? Did you leave the timeclock in the on position and how did you connect the hive receiver?
Yes single hive as water is always on

Figured it out in the end, programmer can be left in but always on mode. it was to do with the boiler heat being set to medium around 45 C it needs to be set to max for the pump to work. Annoyingly the wiring was fine in the first place but spent hours trying to reconfigure...

I have just looked into this for my friend. A dual channel controller can be installed in my opinion as follows:

On Clock/Programmer -

L - Hive L (you may need to add 3amp fuse, I am yet to determine)
N - Hive N
HTG - (Brown) - Hive 4
HW - Disconnect link between L and HW. Red wire into HW - Hive 3

Roomstat block

Disconnect E, L, N SL (8, 9, 10, 11) Install link between 9 & 11.

HW On will be controller by Hive Controller set by user. However temp will still be controlled by stat.

I have just looked into this for my friend. A dual channel controller can be installed in my opinion as follows:

On Clock/Programmer -

L - Hive L (you may need to add 3amp fuse, I am yet to determine)
N - Hive N
HTG - (Brown) - Hive 4
HW - Disconnect link between L and HW. Red wire into HW - Hive 3

Roomstat block

Disconnect E, L, N SL (8, 9, 10, 11) Install link between 9 & 11.

HW On will be controller by Hive Controller set by user. However temp will still be controlled by stat.

The hive will not work with the gledhill 2000, because the boiler has two pumps
Not designed for it, believe me.
You will have a timer and a stat on the wall if I'm correct.

Yes it will, a hive, or any other smart or dumb thermostat, can be connected to a boilermate system. The number of pumps doesn't matter, you just connect the thermostat to the room thermostat terminals.

Reply to HIVE & Gledhill Boilermate 2000 Wiring Guide in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net