Discuss hmmmm, changes to my existing 25year "in concrete" EDF/GOV contract already !! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

danesol

This maybe of interest to you, arrived by email today, although most I think like me will do this regardless......;

Important information - Changes to your Statement of FIT Terms

I am writing to inform you of some important changes that we have made to your Statement of FIT terms.

In accordance to recent changes in law, as of the 1 July 2013 all FIT generators are now required to retain the following information for at least 12 months;

• all meter readings from or supplied by the FIT generator to EDF Energy as part of the request for FIT payments in respect of the FIT installation; and
  • details of all FIT payments made to the FIT generator.

To enact this change EDF Energy has made corresponding changes to your Statement of FIT Terms to clearly set out the obligations which you must adhere to. More specifically we have included the following revised terms;

4. FIT Payments
4.6 - The Generator acknowledges and agrees that;

(c) details of all FIT payments made to the Generator shall be retained by it for a period of not less than 12 months

5. Meter Readings

5.2 The Generator shall retain all meter readings from or supplied to EDF Energy for a period of not less than 12 months. This includes the Generation meter Readings or Export Meter readings supplied to EDF Energy as part of the request for FIT Payments in respect of the Accredited FIT Installation.

As a mandatory FIT Licensee EDF Energy has been obligated by the Department for Energy and Climate Change (DECC) to make these changes to your Statement of FIT Terms.

Please retain this letter for your records and future reference.

Yours sincerely

Martin Jose

Green Hub Manager

*Calls may be monitored and recorded as part of our customer care programme. Calls to '0800' numbers are free from BT landlines. Other network operators may charge for these calls. Lines open Monday to Friday 8.00am-8.00pm or SaturThis e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail from your system.
This e-mail has been scanned for malicious content but the internet is inherently insecure and EDF Energy plc cannot accept any liability for the integrity of this message or its attachments. No employee or agent of EDF Energy plc or any related company is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of EDF Energy plc or any related company by e-mail.
All e-mails sent and received by EDF Energy plc are monitored to ensure compliance with the company's information security policy. Executable and script files are not permitted through the EDF Energy plc mail gateway. EDF Energy does not accept or send mails above 30 Mb in size.
EDF Energy plc
Registered in England and Wales No. 2366852
Registered Office: 40 Grosvenor Place, London SW1X 7EN

That is to enable you to swap FIT providers if you wish to... It was issued as an instruction by Ofgem to ALL FIT providers about a couple of months or so ago. basically because the (larger) FIT Providers records are a mess, it enables yu to provide the info to a new FIT provider.

Your FIT provider does not now and never has had to be your electricity supplier, it also specifically helps when properties change hands as frequently they will change energy supplier and hence also FIT provider at the same time.

I don't see it as a significant change and has no impact on the rate you will get paid.

They are WRONG in referring to it as a change in the "LAW" it IS a change in their REGULATIONS as issued by Ofgem (Changes in LAW can only be done by an Act of Parliament)

I think OFGEM's guidance changed as a result of Part 5A from this updated legislation The Feed-in Tariffs (Amendment) Order 2013

This change was brought in to cope with the situation where a supplier ceases trading or has their licence removed and so may not be in a position to provide any historical FiT meter reading information on any of it's customers.

All FiT contracts contain conditions that allow them to be changed. Nothing is cast in concrete for 25 years. Just wait until RPI increases set the PV tariff at ÂŁ1/kWh - there will be howls of protest. Might even happen at 50p.

Thanks TedM, I stand corrected :)

All FiT contracts contain conditions that allow them to be changed. Nothing is cast in concrete for 25 years. Just wait until RPI increases set the PV tariff at ÂŁ1/kWh - there will be howls of protest. Might even happen at 50p.

So TED are these FiT contracts ( pre 2012 ) that flexible enough to do that, as I for one didnt sign agreeing to that as it was made very clear that we would get index linked year on year using RPI and not CPI either ?? :-(

spain ?

Unless the contract is written in such a manner to allow that, i would say not as surely its a legal document/contract ?

Then there aould be the outcry from all with so called water tight contracts fir FiTs

anyway what happened in Spain ?? expand if you would

Read your contract. I would be very surprised if it doesn't contain a catch-all condition that allows the supplier to alter the terms of the contract.

For example, British Gas says:

11.1 We can change the terms of this contract at any time and we will make the changes available online at www.britishgas.co.uk. We will tell you 30 working days before a change will begin to apply.

Of course any changes would need to meet the conditions imposed by the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 - see OFT guidance http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/unfair_contract_terms/oft311.pdf

Personally I think that the wording used by BG, in the example quoted above, falls foul of these Regulations as it is too general. See p52 of the OFT guide.

Other FiT suppliers use different wording that may not be a breach of those Regulations.

The 30 days notice
If you don't do anything within 30 days you have accepted the changes. You can send them a letter telling them you want the contract to stay the same as agreed in writing .

Vodafone lost and I got to keep the phone sky lost and I got a free sky 1tb box. Plusnet tried to change my internet peak times and lost so did my credit cards

The 30 days notice
If you don't do anything within 30 days you have accepted the changes. You can send them a letter telling them you want the contract to stay the same as agreed in writing .

Vodafone lost and I got to keep the phone sky lost and I got a free sky 1tb box. Plusnet tried to change my internet peak times and lost so did my credit cards

I'll have to try that one !

Reply to hmmmm, changes to my existing 25year "in concrete" EDF/GOV contract already !! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net