Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Ho can one become MOCOPA authorised Single and Three phase metering engineer? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. zsoltimatrix

zsoltimatrix Electrician's Arms

Hi guys,

How can I become a MOCOPA authorised Single and Three phase metering engineer? That is a meter fitter?

Thank you!

2. dean1971

dean1971 Guest

Hi just joined and first post
    In answer to your question very difficult if you dont have a employer to put you through the various DNO authorisations. Where do you live which part of the country ? MOCOPA actually means nothing there is no such authorisation you have to have the DNO authorisation for where you want to work and the MOCOPA part comes into it as these are registered with MOCOPA. So for instance live in northwest= U.U, Merseyside,Northwales,cheshire= scottish power= southwest= western power, northeast=NEDL yorkshire = YEDL ,some DNO's say well if you done western power for instance you can work on our network NOT SCOTTISH POWER they wont let anyone unless you do there course. let me know if you want anymore info.
    I been meter fitter for a good while upto CT METERING.