Discuss homebase 58w tube light, base G13 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
hello, got a homebase 58w tube light, base G13 light fitting about 3 months ago and its just stoped working, normally i would of thought the starter has went as was probably Cheap, looked and there is no starter on the casing, do you think the bulb would have went by now???? thanks fo any info if you had same problem with same cheap light, or for you electricians who just naturaly know...

Last edited:
Have you checked for voltage at the terminals?
Have known bulbs to just go so you cannot rule that out

Last edited by a moderator:
well it cost 8 quid , and i have no tools in my mothers house . other lights run off this light so id say there is voltage to the light.

do you know anyway of testing these bulbs, cant see starter, hmmmm

Check to see if the feed is ok, its only been installed for 3 months so could be loose/broken connection from install (check the connection block at both ends).
find someone else with a working fitting that take the same lamp and try it there.
You could test across the pins to ensure the electrode is intact on the tube.

There must be a starter somewhere, you could have a faulty ballast.

Last edited by a moderator:
does the ballast have both end of the lamp connected to it?, if it does then this will be a high frequency ballast and does not require a starter.
Some lamps last for years and I have had the odd one that goes almost immediately

Reply to homebase 58w tube light, base G13 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I am restoring an old art deco, wall mount medicine cabinet. The cabinet has an 18” fluorescent light tube on each side. Before I put a lot...
Replies
Views
Hey all, So this is probably a quick question. I have some under-cupboard kitchen light tubes that are old and have clearly blown at some point...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. This will be a straightforward answer for anyone who works with aluminium tubing on a regular basis. I don't I'm afraid hence my asking...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, here's my imaginary problem, let's say I have 2 light bulbs, both of them take energy from the same source, however, 1 of them has a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock