Discuss honeywell zone valve in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

How do you fault find on a zone valve to see if its working.

What are the dead test that can be done on them to prove the micro sw is working. Also just any test really

Not out time long so i think this is a useful thing to know when working on heating systems

Assuming its a 2 port, blue and brown drive it open and will spring shut on de energising.
Therefor you should get a resistance reading at brown and blue, the motor winding.

Grey and orange are the micro switch wires. Put your test leads across them and force the valve open manually, quickly and all the way, and as the internal mechanism gets to fully open you will see a zero ohm reading briefly before the mechanism starts to close.

Easiest way to check. Power it up if it doesn't move over the motor is foofed. You don't need to swap the whole valve though you can swap the motor very easily and you can pick them up for about 8 quid. Same motor for 2 port and three port so you can really pick them up from anywhere.

If you have an iPhone, there is a Honeywell app and it tells you exactly how to fault find everything, I haven't found a better one yet and it's free

can you get this app. for samsung galaxy II?

Just fault found a three port valve, not working correctly and have told my plumber that it needs replacing, his reply "are you sure it's not the wiring as its a new valve", why don't plumbers like being told when their gear goes wrong

reply "are you sure it's not the wiring as its a new valve", why don't plumbers like being told when their gear goes wrong

Because there is no longer apprentices and then electricians whose experience can be judged by their age,appearance of years.

Nowadays you can be looking at a 40 year old , erm, spark who has less than 5 yrs experience.

Somewhere along the way the public, and plumbers, loose confidence in the dilluted trade.

Boydy

Reply to honeywell zone valve in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net