Discuss house bashing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BristolSpark

I start a new job next week, house bashing all surface trunking.

To all the guys that do this day in and day out is there a kind of system or set way to knock these out.

I imagine you have to keep everything exisiting live for as long as possible. what do you guys do about using existing trunking, or when lights are already centred in rooms.

what about the board change.

it would be interesting to hear what a few of you guys do, to knock these asap, any systems you use, or set ways on running cables, using existing trunking or conduit, and how you go about board change.

cheers

depends how long you got on job, usually drop upstairs lights in, leaving backboxes if theres an earth term on them, tie cpc together on old/new s/d to pull it in then bang ring in upstairs feed into old c/u upgrade bonding have a cup of tea, tidy n head home.
some firms knock them out in a day so just rip the lot out.

ive done loads, make sure you have some good battery drills, flat bits, and a 18" 20mm maisonary bit, put all your trunking and boxes on1st and make sure you have the strappers that fits in the ceiling trunking so it keeps the cables in place, use some 100x50 trunking down to the board, depending on the existing conduit you might be able to pull the light feeds this saves running 25mm trunking to the light fittings which looks crap.good luck

Are these voids or occupied??? bungalow, house??

If they're occupied houses I always try and do it in satges i.e wire all upstairs lights first with the existing still in place, then disconnect existing upstairs lights and 2nd fix new ones in place.

Then upstairs ring, downstairs lights etc etc.

Breaking up into circuits at a time makes it easier IMO particularly when you are trying to keep stuff like fridges and cookers etc working for the customers.

These are occupied houses, flats. 2 and 3 bed. 5 days max on 3 bed house 4 days on flats

at what stage are you guys changing c.u I suppose bearing in mind keeping power and lighting on for as long as possible.

if you have exisiting lights in middle of ceiling, when or would you kill supply to old circuit, second fix new lights in, then wire to old board temp, until new board installed.

At any point do you use exisiting kit.

just trying to get clarification. I know every one is different, including jobs.

I am used to new new build and renovation rewires.

happy days your going to have so much fun, the tennants allways fill the cupboard where the db is with there stuff, and wait till you do one where the man who smokes a 1000 smokes a day and doesnt open any windows and only has fryups, word of warning let someone else wire the kitchen.

happy days your going to have so much fun, the tennants allways fill the cupboard where the db is with there stuff, and wait till you do one where the man who smokes a 1000 smokes a day and doesnt open any windows and only has fryups, word of warning let someone else wire the kitchen.

Oh.....the tales I could telll.....for another thread maybe.;):)

Reply to house bashing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net