Discuss house bashing????? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've always taken "house-bashing" to refer to the domestic work necessary in addition to the doing the electrics...

Drilling holes, chasing walls, pulling floorboards and making good afterwards

You can't go to heavy on some of the new builds I have been to in my time. As an appi I have ended up with a pile of blocks a few time.
i remember this time when i was busy sinking knockout boxes in thermalite walls at this place we were at........there was this downstairs toilet next to the hallway with a single skin therma wall...banged straight through it i did......it int upto much ...int that thermalite..lol.....

done same in a council house. internal walls were 2" thick hollow block. talk about weetabix.!

done same in a council house. internal walls were 2" thick hollow block. talk about weetabix.!
not up to much are they Tel..lol.....i also have issues with the old victorian engineering brick....especially ruabon which is down your way Tel.......problem with that stuff is its too hard and all the bottom of the boxsink is all collapsed....struggle to get a fix in it....i find a scutch helps here....to dress it up a bit

old black brick in my house dont know what it is but its a good thing im changing the carpets after my rewire and its like chasing a diamond lol

old black brick in my house dont know what it is but its a good thing im changing the carpets after my rewire and its like chasing a diamond lol
possibly ruabon peter....where in wales are you? north or south?...ruabon`s in the north wales...not too far from wrexham......a lot of the houses on the english/welsh border have em.....very tough.....

Reply to house bashing????? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net