Discuss How do you replace a faulty JCC V50 LED Unit? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Apologies if this seems like a stupid question but one of our JCC V50s has just started flickering and I need to replace it. With other LED lights, you just replace the LED itself but with these it looks like you have to replace the whole unit. Is that correct?

If that is correct, and tips for doing it? Do you just have to pull it down through the hole in the ceiling? That looks as though it might get a bit messy.

Thanks. Jules.

Yes the whole thing needs replacing. You can still get the V50 so hopefully it will match, they are normally that difficult to remove but depending on the ceiling type you may get some damage. You can see the spring clips which hold it here, you hold them back to the body to fit and they spread back to the ceiling.

Again we see the stupidity of the integrated led downlight,The moneymaking scheme that they are. Pity it wasn't just a gu10 fitting. But westward link should provide you with the correct light. Might just be plug and play when you get it out. If not the driver should be replaced if applicable and just copy what was there before for connections.

for what they cost, , I'd just bite bullet and replace like for like remenbering to set the colour temp.switch same as the rest.

Again we see the stupidity of the integrated led downlight,The moneymaking scheme that they are. Pity it wasn't just a gu10 fitting. But westward link should provide you with the correct light. Might just be plug and play when you get it out. If not the driver should be replaced if applicable and just copy what was there before for connections.
That's common sense, and homeowner should be able to do it themselves with ease and not need an electrician to source a complete new fitting which may be discontinued and the replacement make the rest look out of place. Add into the equation a chance of damaging the ceiling taking the old fitting out as well.

for what they cost, , I'd just bite bullet and replace like for like remenbering to set the colour temp.switch same as the rest.
GU10 lamp less than £5 even if going with high end ones.

New fitting and electrician to source and change? More than £50 for sure. Tell homeowner that when installing them and they will soon prefer the GU10 versions imho

Tell homeowner that when installing them and they will soon prefer the GU10 versions imho

and probably bung in 50watt halogens. had something like the other week. outside up/down lighters, plastic casing. kindlyhanyman replaced faulty GU10 LED with a halogen. 30 minuteslater, casing melted.

Tell homeowner that when installing them and they will soon prefer the GU10 versions imho

and probably bung in 50watt halogens. had something like the other week. outside up/down lighters, plastic casing. kindlyhanyman replaced faulty GU10 LED with a halogen. 30 minuteslater, casing melted.
Are there GU10 fittings suitable for LED only around now?
All the GU10 cans I've ever used for LED have been rated for 50W halogen.

Reply to How do you replace a faulty JCC V50 LED Unit? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net