Discuss How much electric left on this meter? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cjc1867

DIY
Reaction score
Hi
Has anyone seen this type of electric meter? It has the normal dial (on the left) and it has a card meter added. The card meter, I think can only read £1 cards.

At the moment, it will not accept any new cards. Apparently you are supposed to insert the card, when the red light goes green you are supposed to press the button and turn the dial. The red light won't turn to green (so pointless pressing the button) and the dial won't turn. The tenant says when he turned the dial he heard something drop inside.

A new meter has been ordered but the tenant is worried he's going to run out of electric before the new meter is ftted and set up. There's a number of rooms in the bedsit that use this type of meter and no one knows how to read them so they normally end up running out of credit.

If you need more information then please contact me.

Thanks

Colin

Attachments

• sebastian-electric-meter-5.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 2
  • sebastian-electric-meter-3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2
This website has technical problems at the moment, and one of the effects of this is that we can't expand pics to look at them properly, so the pics you have posted are too small to see properly.
May be an idea to bump the thread, or post again, when things return to normal.

Reply to How much electric left on this meter? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
I really hope someone can help me. Last July I got an electricity bill showing an enormous rise in my kwh consumption of about 900% from what it...
Replies
Views
Hello, I went to my local takeaway to do some work and the landlord complained the cost of electrics is really high, of course I've heard this a...
Replies
Views
Hello, we moved in to a new build flat a couple of years ago and after a year or so we realised that the landlords electric meter had run up quite...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock