Discuss How to get rid of the outdated browser bar, it keeps coming back in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 13.29.13.png Here I'm logged in. So no advert.

Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 13.29.28.png
Here I'm not logged in. So there's an advert.

IE9 is a couple of versions out of date. Can your IT dept not allow you to upgrade?

I know mate. We have just moved up to this. Global company. IT person in USA. Not wanting to update IE due to some systems or somwething they use.
I'll just ignore the banner at the top of the page....

I know mate. We have just moved up to this. Global company. IT person in USA. Not wanting to update IE due to some systems or somwething they use.
I'll just ignore the banner at the top of the page....

I've reduced the notice to those with IE8 and less, just for you, I want to see 1000 posts a day for that pal. ;) :D

I've reduced the notice to those with IE8 and less, just for you, I want to see 1000 posts a day for that pal. ;) :D

haha. It's took me 5 years to get to 1000. Besides I'd have to talk rubbish to post that much and you delete any post that are off topic.. :)

Well I'm still getting the 'you are using an outdated browser' popping up at the top of the screen. It happens everytime, after each page change.

I have no idea what a 'browser' is so I'm afraid I can not update it Dan. Does it mean firefox, chrome etc. I use windows.. I think!

I just want it gone, it wasn't there before the recent trouble and now it is... quite frustrating!

I have no idea what a 'browser' is so I'm afraid I can not update it Dan. Does it mean firefox, chrome etc. I use windows.. I think!........
Yes, it's referring to Chrome or Firefox or Internet Explorer, I'm not sure which one you're using but if you're getting the message it must be several versions out of date. You should update it for security reasons, they patch security issues with every new browser update so it's in your interest to keep your browser updated otherwise you're more likely to get a virus or have your personal info like passwords etc compromised.

Here's some info for those who aren't too tech-savvy.

Yes, it's referring to Chrome or Firefox or Internet Explorer, I'm not sure which one you're using but if you're getting the message it must be several versions out of date. You should update it for security reasons, they patch security issues with every new browser update so it's in your interest to keep your browser updated otherwise you're more likely to get a virus or have your personal info like passwords etc compromised.

Here's some info for those who aren't too tech-savvy.

Well I'm still getting the 'you are using an outdated browser' popping up at the top of the screen. It happens everytime, after each page change.

I have no idea what a 'browser' is so I'm afraid I can not update it Dan. Does it mean firefox, chrome etc. I use windows.. I think!

I just want it gone, it wasn't there before the recent trouble and now it is... quite frustrating!
happy click start then windows updates.

click on optional and select internet explorer and update them all then restart

Seems to have disappeared now.. thanks for the advice though Marvo and Shanky.

Reply to How to get rid of the outdated browser bar, it keeps coming back in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net