Discuss How to make a 20 LED chaser with 4017 ? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

_q12x_

DIY
Reaction score
How to make a 20 LED chaser with 4017 ?
But only 1 led at a time and counting from 0 to 20.

The 4017 can do a 10 LED chaser on its own. You use daisy chain more than one 4017 together by connecting the last output of the 1st IC to feed the clock input of the 2nd.

The 4017 can do a 10 LED chaser on its own. You use daisy chain more than one 4017 together by connecting the last output of the 1st IC to feed the clock input of the 2nd.
So you mean like this, right?
1714300769479.png
But is not sequentially !
When A is clocking B is not doing it sequentially, meaning 1 after 1 (or one after another), but binary,
meaning when A is finishing a pass, it will increment B with 1 and then A will start another round.
It is counting 0123456789 in A then 11 in B. (since 10 was lit up until this time) then again 0123456789
in A then 12 in B (since 11 was lit up until this time) and so on.
All I want is an incremental and cursive 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Reply to How to make a 20 LED chaser with 4017 ? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have 2 lights connected to 1 switch. I installed a led light fixture on one light, it had one red wire and one black wires. It was easy to match...
Replies
Views
I have three Aurora Fluorescent linkable (linked) under cabinet 'strip' lights (c.21cm each) under the kitchen cabinets and over the sink area...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I should start by saying I'm not sure I'm in the right place here (this isn't a householder issue - I'm making a Ghostbusters...
Replies
Views
Hi we are replacing light fittings in our home. Im confident with the fitting aspect, but have run into doubt in making the right choice of...
Replies
Views
I bought a ceiling fan with LED lights. After some time the led lights started flashing when I put them on. Now it does not even jump up anymore...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock