Discuss I had to take a second look when I seen this in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lip.82

-
Reaction score
Screenshot_2017-11-01-22-25-59.png

I couldn't believe it when I seen it. The occupants of the house were heavy drug users and surprisingly managed to do this without injury. Unbelievable

My NIC assessor was telling me about the craziest one he saw, I can't explain it in detail as he did because I can't fully remember, but it goes along the lines of..

He went to investigate a DNO neutral fault on a caravan park I'm sure he said, turned out to be someone had wired up a thermostat on the wall to cut the incoming neutral and had wired up part of the property using the faulty neutral as a live or something similar to this.

He said it was the most complex attempt he's ever seen and took him a long time to figure it out.

I knew of one successful attempt years ago. It only came to light due to change of ownership. I think it was a meter change due to age.
Previous people had removed the whole meter board and bent it forward including the lead service cable! They then drilled through the meter board from the back and into the rear of the meter live terminals. Once meter board fitted back onto the wall, looked untouched, all seals intact etc. The things people will do!

Reply to I had to take a second look when I seen this in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. We have had 7x 400w solar panels for a number of years now on our roof which is se/nw facing end terrace. 4 on se side 3 on nw side...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
I have a 32amp MCB for my heating (heat pump) and when the heating comes on, it trips after a few seconds. If I push it back up it works fine...
Replies
Views
Had a call out to a tripping issue yesterday. I found that the very old RCD was faulty, but upon inspection something didn't look right regarding...
Replies
Views
A friend's partner has an interesting fault, if it is a fault. She sets the shut down timer on the cooker and when the timer goes off (which in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock