Discuss I should know better in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Z

Zebra Stripe

Had a phone call today from a women asking if I could provide a certificate for some work her hubby had done. Ok I know what your thinking and I agree the answer would be “no chance” if it was major electrical works.
However, this would be for a change of light fitting and a kitchen fan……..all on existing circuits so MWC should have been issued.
Why does she need a cert?? Cos she’s exchanging houses either council or housing association and, she’s been asked for a certificate for the works that have been done.

Ok, so my thinking would be:
EIC?….no chance

MWC?.....well if I could test circuit(s) and look at connections…hmmm.. maybe, but still don’t feel right.

PIR whole install with EICR?? Maybe a bit over the top?? Just these 2No circuits with lots of LIMs?

Probably won’t ring her back as I’m not desperate for work, but I’m a sucker for a female in distress and some easy money.

Any views?

MWC. Go for it mate...

Attachments

• waynetta.jpeg w=584.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 125
Still not sure..MWC with some testing & inspection although not strictly correct and a bit late would be financialy benefial to both parties...and being council/housing asociation they've probably been PIRed on a regular basis......although that probably consisted of a Ze, PFC and RCD test in my experience if your lucky....

Has to be a EICR, you issue Minor works for works you carried out, as it was the womans husband you cannot issue anything other than a EICR, IMO.

Still not sure..MWC with some testing & inspection although not strictly correct and a bit late would be financialy benefial to both parties...and being council/housing asociation they've probably been PIRed on a regular basis......although that probably consisted of a Ze, PFC and RCD test in my experience if your lucky....
tell em its a condition report their gettin..

council or whoever it is will be happy with that

Agreed MJD and strictly your right, but if you were to replace the fan and light, a MWC would suffice. So if I checked connections to the existing light & fan and tested and inspected there's not much in it.....perhaps Im trying to convince myself

Reply to I should know better in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net