Discuss I wont say the name of the scheme provider in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I dont want to mention the name of the competent persons scheme but i have had a heated debate with them.

my issue is that i was accepted onto the scheme 14th july 2017, i paid what is then called the full annual subscription.
I am now being asked to pay the full annual subscription now 3 months early because this is when they collect it. ITS THE FULL 12 MONTH AMOUNT and they dont understand why i feel diss jointed

my argument is i have already paid for 12 months and your now collecting another 12 months (annual) 3 months before i paid this last year.

AHHHHHH i am so cross has anyone had a similar thing.

I dont want to mention the name of the competent persons scheme but i have had a heated debate with them.

my issue is that i was accepted onto the scheme 14th july 2017, i paid what is then called the full annual subscription.
I am now being asked to pay the full annual subscription now 3 months early because this is when they collect it. ITS THE FULL 12 MONTH AMOUNT and they dont understand why i feel diss jointed

my argument is i have already paid for 12 months and your now collecting another 12 months (annual) 3 months before i paid this last year.

Tell em you wish to cancel your registration, and you will go else where that'll do the trick, the thought of lost revenue puts em in panic mode.
Probably some jobsworth gimp answering your correspondence, plenty of qualifications, but lacking common sense. I would be nice to know the name of the provider, if you get my drift.

Give Stroma a call about moving and let your current scheme know your feelings through your absence.
If you've complained and they don't care then not much more you can do.

If you've complained and they don't care then not much more you can do.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Andy for the advice i think i may well move after this as i feel i have been mislead because annual to me means 12 months.

Ring them up and say that it's perfectly ok that they do their 12 month collection in March. You will pay your annual fee, minus three months pay as you have paid up to June.
See what they say....

Is it Beetlejuice? :)

Not very "nice",are they?

This is a very common,corporate strategy,that is used to take away the chance or opportunity,for a customer to readily swap ships.

It is no different,to other annual agreements,such as show stand bookings.etc,where they require you to book and pay,11 months in advance,to take away the possibility of a change of heart.

You will find,that reading the small-print,or contract,of the membership agreement you signed,will entitle their actions,and you agreed:(

Your options are,to pay,as agreed,or allow your membership to lapse,even with an email,notifying the scheme of your intention.

If you manage to get through to somebody who cares,on a phone call,ask them why they would have protocol in place,to text,ring and email,multiple times,to chase up their fee.....but never call to ask if a member has tightened up all the terminals,sufficiently :rolleyes:

Elecsa used to do this .... Another reason to move on

you don't pay your vehicle insurance 3 months early!

I'm with stroma and, as yet, they've not billed me earlier than required.

It's pretty standard practice...

Anyone got a TV license? :eek: Council Tax? :eek:
Pay Self Assessment Income Tax SIX MONTHS before you have earned the money. :mad::mad::mad:
Think I'll phone them up and say I will leave the country unless they change their tax attitude to the self-employed.

Do you think I might make a difference??:rolleyes:

I presume if you join before the date they don’t let you wait until ‘subs collection day’??

Just cancel as you’re paid up for 12 months. Then call and re join. As bonkers as that is you’re just playing the game like they are.

I’d link this thread on all the social platforms they use personally.

Just a bloody big con as usual!
"Lets sneak it in the small print and hopefully no one will notice, that way we can legally rip people off to pay for our yacht"
All under the banner "We assure quality... look after the elderly, do charity work for the homeless, take care of sick kids... blah blah blah"
Really gets my goat!

I think you will find that the cost of the first year's subscription is dependent on when you enrol, e.g. if you enrol within a month of their annual renewal then you will pay much less than if you joined a week after it.

Most of these bodies will have set dates when everyone has to pay.

I'm in Elecsa (Certsure), same system. When you apply (enrolment date), you pay your fee, and then an assessment date is arranged, usually 1-2 months later. The following year, the fee is payable on the enrolment date, not assessment date. So as long as you remain with that scheme, you only lose that initial period.

Not particular fair, but there it is.

Reply to I wont say the name of the scheme provider in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net