Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Identification of incomer in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

drywax

15092010115.jpg15092010116.jpg

Hi guys

Now i'd be down for ramming a rod in the ground and calling it a TT unless anyone
could advise differently

not come across these before :)

regardless of wether or not you have come accross before, why would you tt it?
because there is no earth provided? if so then you have answered your own question.

if in doubt of earthing arrangement do as durham says and check with dno.

It looks like a very old TN-S supply, is there a lead sheathed cable entering the bottom enclosure ? can you not islolate the installation and do a Ze test on the cast iron enclosure, even if its a good reading the DNO should be asked to upgrade the earth connection to the service cable

pardon my ignorance, but what the hell is a DNO

It looks like a very old TN-S supply, is there a lead sheathed cable entering the bottom enclosure ? can you not islolate the installation and do a Ze test on the cast iron enclosure, even if its a good reading the DNO should be asked to upgrade the earth connection to the service cable

Thanks trebor I will try that.

I spoke to the DNO then jumped into there pass the parcel system rang about 3 other numbers finally to through to the answer machine :) brilliant ?!?!?

but I did get some helpful info from 1 nice lady who said if I rung the emergency number on the day of the fit they'd come and sort the earthing arrangment if necessary.

What I'll probably do is try and get them in put an isolator switch in, not at my expense of course, then they can sort any earthing arrangments at the time if necessary.

normally speaking it would be a cut the seal job but it'll confirm either way what I think about the arrangment.

Thats what I love about this job every corner you turn around theres something new to learn

DNO = Distributon Network Operator

now i know what DNO stands for----- Dunno who is responsible, pass the buck

Reply to Identification of incomer in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net