Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss If not a sparky what else would you have become if you could turn back time ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. JD6400

JD6400 Trusted Advisor

Following on from the "Why did you become a sparky " what would you have become instead if anything was possible ?
    I would have liked to move to Wyoming own a ranch and become a cowhand !:cowboy:
    Whats yours ? And try to keep it clean please !

2. mark1979

mark1979 Regular EF Member

i would like to have pursued a career in professional alcoholism. its costing me a fortune in the amateur league!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Archy Styrigg

Archy Styrigg Electrician's Arms

Easy! Gone into banking & get paid a fortune plus bonuses for being completely useless.

• Like Like x 1
  4. johnboy6083

johnboy6083 Band Member Trusted Advisor

Probably some sort of tradesman, or an engineer.

5. jase

jase Electrician's Arms

having been to the dentist twice this week then i would have to say dentist, £150 for an hour with the "dental hygeneist" = scrape and polish and £260 for 4 fillings

6. ufkir

ufkir Active EF Member

be an mp,no need to register for any schemes get paid 62,000 grand a year get your second morgtgage paid for you sell it pocket the profit,fiddle the expenses (on which they pay no tax on anyway) say sorry for getting caught fiddling the expenses stay in the job collect your substantial pension get drunk on subsidised drink at the bar get fat on the subsidised canteen food and then moan at the common working man for complaining that our duck dont need a hut to shelter from yhe rain. what better job can one man ask for. RANT OVER

• Like Like x 5
  7. Dave 85

Dave 85 Guest

Prostitute tester.

• Like Like x 1
  8. grimysparks80

grimysparks80 Electrician's Arms

Manager of Willy Wonkas chocolate factory

• Like Like x 1
  9. D80

D80 Guest

Gadget/Tool Tester - do it unpaid (well at own costs) part time anyways

10. trev

trev Regular EF Member

Knowing then what I know now..gas fitter/heating engineer or whatever it is they call themselves nowadays
    Or maybe a politician..not much work, lots of opportunities to stick my nose in the trough.
    Maybe a human rights lawyer.......Don't get me started on them

11. Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne Regular EF Member

A vet, I love animals, cows included dpelectrical, but anyone who has paid a vet's bill recently will understand that it is more expensive than private healthcare for humans, so you get to work with something you love and get paid a fortune to do it! Last bill paid was £ 1,300 for one day's care.!

• Like Like x 1
  12. TaffyDuck

TaffyDuck Electrician's Arms

International Playboy

13. grimysparks80

grimysparks80 Electrician's Arms

I like to think of myself as a regional playboy.( like international but on a smaller scale.)

14. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    got to be a MEP. huge salary, even bigger expense budget. attend meetings where you can't understand a word, do absolutely F'all useful, and a pension larger than the average man's pay7 days plus overtime.

15. ipf

ipf Trusted Advisor

Tax man.......Laugh my head off at people like me !!!!

• Like Like x 1