Search the forum,

Discuss in Trouble at work! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Invest in a pocket/micro recorder, and take that into this so-called disciplinary hearing. It will record everything that anyone says at that hearing. I have been using one at every official site/project meeting for several years now. They can't then deny anything that they have said or told you at a later date... You can get a fairly decent one for around 30+ notes, that will record for an hour to 90 minutes....
hmm....freedom of information act at work here eng..lol....

Fairly sure you can record people's voices without prior permission, same with filming without audio. Although for it to be used in court they have to be informed.
yes i know i know....well if you can take film of people without their prior permission (think spy cameras)....

As per post 9:
"1. Alligations of a failure to ensure your pat tester is annually calibrated

2. Alligations of knowingly using an-uncalibrated tester which could result in a serious breach of our contract to customer
3. Allegations that your failure to adhere to the companys and staturory requirements have breached the implied term of mutual trust and confidence and fidelity of the relationship between you" my firm & our customer ????? Dont even really understand this final"

1. If it was his Pat Tester, then he needs to be careful here.
2. Again as per 1.
3. This is a big issue with respect to 3. Not only is this a minefield for the company, but this is also a minefield for the employee, if it was his own tester. (For instance, if you are using your own equipment, you have a duty to the company you work for, in terms of trust & confidence, as laid out in employment case law, that your act(s) do not undermine the trust & confidence the employer has in you, or the client has in your employer.

He needs to ensure that he takes someone in with him to all meetings, & he should have joined the union right at the outset (the employer does not need to know that he has just joined the union). Knowing that he is in the union may make a major difference, because the employer may not want to go that route, & the employer knows that he is not dealing with a novice/ or individual.

He could initially take a non union rep into the meetings, but he should always take someone in, & they should be taking notes.

There is also the issue of whether he has been employed by the company for the required period, (I think this is for at least a year), to be able to have the statutory protection, relating to employment law.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does he not realize we need to know the ins and the outs. Personally I thing it’s rude to keep us in suspense like that.

Think we should give up on him as his first post was last tuesday asking for advice also telling us his hearing was last Thursday but he has not been back to tell us what has happend to him.

Think we should give up on him as his first post was last tuesday asking for advice also telling us his hearing was last Thursday but he has not been back to tell us what has happend to him.
he`s probably had enough at the mo of anything to do with cables n testing.....he may have gone over to the dark side to talk about pipework and poo....

And you wonder why some members get annoyed so for anybody new to this forum please remember if want to be an electrician instead of a pretend electrician you need to learn to thank people have humility when asking questions and keep us informed. Now if you think I am having a go at you and think you are being bullied when a member insists on more information or may be critical of your approuch to the subject of your post it is because they are trying to get you to aspire to be a better electrician because only stupid ones get themselves or somebody else injured or worse killed then think on this is not the school of bad knocks and if you think it is you should not be here.

Rant over will being unsubscribing from this post oldtimer out

Reply to in Trouble at work! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net