Discuss ING Direct Survey .......REAL issues in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MCS Renewables

If you put details of the "ING direct survey" on your website you will have a problem with REAL.

We had to take our link off the web site yesterday following advice from a REAL auditor. ( Ms Flynn)

The ING direct story "solar sought by home buyers" is subjective and not objective apparently.

As this is the sort of thing that triggers a REAL audit, you may want to avoid that possibility !!

Obvs nothing better to do - as long as you have referenced where the report has come from there shouldn't be an issue imo. i wonder how they came to find it on your site - just pure chance or has someone put a call in?

LOL - I was going to blog that this morning !

I was explaining how we are regulated for Solar through REAL the other day. I personally dont think its a bad thing, however if you compare this to double glaze windows or Bob the builder (standard building work at home) ... it would be great if every industry had a code of practice. The fact that its just solar, makes the regulation look over the top ! The same person I was speaking to was just about to pay a builder upfront for them to start on a job (without contract etc ..).
:banghead:

LOL - I was going to blog that this morning !

I was explaining how we are regulated for Solar through REAL the other day. I personally dont think its a bad thing, however if you compare this to double glaze windows or Bob the builder (standard building work at home) ... it would be great if every industry had a code of practice. The fact that its just solar, makes the regulation look over the top ! The same person I was speaking to was just about to pay a builder upfront for them to start on a job (without contract etc ..).
:banghead:

Perhaps we should inform REAL of the rubbish comparison that Which did earlier this year for Solar PV investment? Its reports like the one which did which should be held to account seeing as they are a consumer advice group

We made a complaint about someone using REAL logo and not being a member and the auditor obviously took a look at our website then asked us to remove the ING news story.
No issues, we removed it and then typed " ING survey - solar sought by home buyers " into google to find about 5000 PV companies had done the same !

British Gas Trading LimitedLakeside House…TW18 3BY - 0800 107 2750More info
CarbonLow Certification Ltd23 The Bridge Business Centre…S41 9FG - 01246 452 982More info
Central Counties Home Inspectors Ltd27 A Kingsbury…HP20 2JA - 01296 311891More info
Darren Evans Assessments limited2nd Floor…BS37 6AH - 01454 317 940More info
Darren Evans Assessments Limited2nd Floor…BS37 6AH - 01454 317 940More info
Green Deal Advisor Association2 Lands End Way…LE15 6RB - 01778 394188More info
Home Survey Reports Ltd.Puma House…BL8 1AA - 0161 764 8780More info
Mark Group Limited70 Boston Road…LE4 1AW - 0116 2366523More info
The Green Deal Network7 Delaine Close…PE10 9LP - 01778 394188More info
The National EPC Company
list of green deal approved advisers to current date !!!!

You have to remember that the top people in REAL are all ex Which? ....

Reply to ING Direct Survey .......REAL issues in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net