Discuss Installing new kitchen ring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Carl Molyneux

Hi

At the moment in work we are installing alot of new kitchen, most of the ones we go into are wired in with the house ring so we have to install a separate kitchen ring, as we have to keep the rest of the house ring complete we have been chasing to old sockets up to the ceiling and putting a blank plate on them. I was just wondering if there is a better way to do this that doesn't involve running new cable from the first socket before the kitchen and the first socket of the ring main after the kitchen if this makes any sense. Is it possible to crimp the cables together and heat shrink them and push them up into the ceiling space taking into account most of them are flats

Thank you for you time
Carl

Most kitchen fitters normally put a chock block on them and tile over if your lucky, unless they can hide them behind a cupboard.
Still makes me smile when you see there efforts which tend to be harder than doing the right thing.

Thanks for your help, I'm not a kitchen fitter myself we go in before the joiners and do all the electrics. I'm only a 3rd year apprentice so most of the time I am doing this with another spark and when I have asked the question he always says the blank plate is the way to do it I just though there must be a easier and quicker way to do it.

If you are going to continue to choc them and put a blanking plate over, I'd recommend a note be put in the back box saying what circuit its on future reference.

Reply to Installing new kitchen ring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net