Discuss IR testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

In the good old days before CT testers, to find a fault on a buried cable was the old wheatstone bridge..............but that took a little bit of time and quite a bit of savvy.......................

The other way as told by the "older hands" remove fuse from carrier............replace with a hmmm suitable medium and isolate before refitting carrier.................turn on and the fault becomes evident with displaced earth..............seen it done once but never had a pair larger enough to try it myslef

Tony has a wonderful anecdote of the time he felled a tree using that fault finding method.

Reply to IR testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views
Been to a fault finding job and lights where tripping the rcbo. After further investigation we found that it was a blue strapper cable (old...
Replies
Views
Doing some testing today on a Wet Room installation. Fed from its own small CU. And consists of 2 x seperate 50A (for 10.5kw shower) circuits...
Replies
Views
Hiya. For anyone interested in domestic fault finding I had a funny one today... Customer complained about her bs 3871 popout kept popping on...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just to let everyone know that I did my AM2 last week and I only failed on the fault finding part. I was very confident before going...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock