Discuss Is this a joke of a job advert? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the CIS, I don't want someone else dealing with my tax affairs and would rather do it myself.

Tough ****! If you work in the construction industry then you pay tax under the construction industry scheme. Then at the end of the year you either have a reduced tax bill or a rebate once your accountant has done their sums

10.58 - the 45% and £25per week as the job is through an agencie payed through an umbrella, who will deduct employees tax an ni employers tax an ni, pension and sick pay although you maybe able to opt out of the sick pay then the £25 "margin". For a 40 hour week take home if you opt out of the sick pay is going to be around £240

Gov.uk website says you can opt out of CIS & pay yearly

" If you don’t want deductions made

If you don’t want deductions to be made in advance by contractors, you can apply for ‘gross payment status’ after you’ve registered with CIS. This means you’ll pay all your tax and National Insurance at the end of the tax year."

I never even know about CIS but hey why would I, i'm just starting out in the trade

https://www.gov.uk/what-you-must-do-as-a-cis-subcontractor

Michael

Reply to Is this a joke of a job advert? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

G
Have a look at this one and spot the foopar! There are a few on here though:biggrin5:. Boydy...
Replies
Views
R
Just looking through jobs again and came across this tempting little number check out the salary ;)...
Replies
Views
robbalaar86
R
R
Have I missed something here? Spot the mistake. Unless I'm behind...
Replies
Views
T

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock