Discuss Issueing "danger notices" in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

One landlord I issued a DN for ignored it completely. The consumer unit cover was broken and off.
A month later she got in touch to ask if I could go to a tripped breaker at the property. I went round, nothing had changed. I re-issued the DN and refused to do any work impressing that the tenants were in immediate danger. No response at all. Until a month later, when she asked if I could quote for 25+ led downlights in her £900k house.

The best bit ? The tenant was her own son and his uni mates.

Reply to Issueing "danger notices" in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
Extremely low voltage on 120v line Hi, I’m not an electrician but my home has 20 amp breaker that has only one outdoor outlet on it with a GFCI...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views
We have had RG11 installed in some flats for use with Virgin/Internet. It should I think have been RG6 but the guy at Virgin was insistent it...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock