Discuss JIB cards come back saying i got 17th edition am i exempt? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chopper

did my am2 a couple of years ago and my nvq 3 6 months before that , finally sent off for my jib card as we need it for the site were going on and it has come back saying nvq 3 and 17th edition on back, was wondering if these qualifications made me exempt, for some reason ( cutting costs ) when i did my full apprentiship they didnt include the 17th edition qualification in it so im left a bit confused ?
was looking at doing it and my 2391 but if i dont need to even better

Watching the Parliament debate today regarding Part P, the Electrician Title and what it means etc etc I feel with the grilling the scheme providers and governing bodies got with also the admittance certain aspects are not working and need to change ..well i see impending change especially to define the term competent Electrician; as it is at the moment the term Electrician doesn't really explain the level and competence a person so i can see a re-enforcement of either existing set-up like the JIB cards with tougher requirements or a new system coming in like Gas Safe is to plumbers.

did my am2 a couple of years ago and my nvq 3 6 months before that , finally sent off for my jib card as we need it for the site were going on and it has come back saying nvq 3 and 17th edition on back, was wondering if these qualifications made me exempt, for some reason ( cutting costs ) when i did my full apprentiship they didnt include the 17th edition qualification in it so im left a bit confused ?
was looking at doing it and my 2391 but if i dont need to even better
if you did training within the last 3 and a half years then it would have been at 17th edition level, so you are 17th if you passed those examinations, congratulations.

Is this right? I was under the impression I would have to take a test just on the regs. Obviously am2 touched the regs and my nvq 3 .
But never have done a separate exam

I no it sounds crazy but some of other lads I did it with had done the separate test. Who can I speak to . To vleify as im looking for a new job and they all asking for 17th edition at least

I no it sounds crazy but some of other lads I did it with had done the separate test. Who can I speak to . To vleify as im looking for a new job and they all asking for 17th edition at least

They are asking for someone that was either trained to a previous version of the regs e.g 15/16 etc to be upto date with the 17th course

Anyone training after 2008 would have been trained to the 17th, so as you started training in 2010 you cannot be 16th edition trained can you? calm down and enjoy the fact you are 17th

Cheers guys. Thats a weight off my shoulders now lol. Seems like colleges just wanting more money off us whilst pretenfing to help us

Watching the Parliament debate today regarding Part P, the Electrician Title and what it means etc etc I feel with the grilling the scheme providers and governing bodies got with also the admittance certain aspects are not working and need to change ..well i see impending change especially to define the term competent Electrician; as it is at the moment the term Electrician doesn't really explain the level and competence a person so i can see a re-enforcement of either existing set-up like the JIB cards with tougher requirements or a new system coming in like Gas Safe is to plumbers.

In the next 17th amendment that is being removed I believe

Reply to JIB cards come back saying i got 17th edition am i exempt? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net