Discuss JIB travel rates for multiple jobs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

KWCFC

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi I'm a 4th year apprentice working for a JIB company. I've had to use my own car lately so I've been booking O rate with travel time and travel allowance.

But today I am expected to drive to a site in the morning, do some work, then pretty much drive past my house to then go to another site in the afternoon.

So my question is can I book travel allowances for both the jobs on my timesheet? I dont know if just booking the travel time and allowance for the job in the morning will cover my petrol for transport to both sites. I cant seem to find the info on the JIB website.

book it for both! regardless of jib status mate! when I was employed I used to get my fuel paid for wherever I was! charge for both because if you weren't using your car they'd be sending someone in a van, and they'd be putting thr diesel in that and paying wear and tear costs, so to just pay fuel money is a bargain for them !!

How can you claim traveling time and expect to get paid for it when you are already getting paid your hourly rate during normal working hours?

Think you are getting mixed up between travelling time and travelling expenses.

The JIB traveling time is paid for traveling to work and from work before your normal start and finish time based on the location of the main office to the work site in a straight line, it could be that if the job is within a certain distance from your office you may not get traveling time at all.

Travelling expenses are paid for you using your car to get from A to B and which is normally based on the mileage from the office to the job and not from your home to the job

Have a look at your insurance policy/schedule.
The chances are you are the same as me, ie, social, domestic, pleasure and commute to a SINGLE place of business. Therefor you cannot go jobbing.
The very reason the plods are cracking down on the people who are working at night delivering Chinese etc meals to your door.
As Ian says above, its the expenses part of the agreement you are needing to chase.

Boydy

As Ian has said if you work for a JIB company and use your own car you should get Own transport rate. You would only get travel time and allowance if it's over 15 mile in a straight line from the office to the site and get it one way.

Reply to JIB travel rates for multiple jobs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net