Discuss Kettle power cable to figure of 8 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jimbo1234

Hi this weekend my wife and i made a spontaneous purchase and bought a new LED Samsung TV. The existing LG TV that is wall mounted in my living room has the wires channelled through the wall. The LG uses a power cable called a kettle power lead. The new Samsung has a figure of 8 power lead. So the question is - is it safe to buy a converter, (kettle to figure of 8) so i can continue using the existing power lead that is channeled through the wall and covered in plaster. If not the job of changing TV's will be seriously difficult! I already have the HDMI channelled, so the power cable is the only challenge and preventing me using the new TV :( please help?

yes that is completely fine - if you know what your doing then you could even cut the old adapter off and solder the new one on (from Maplin - or similar) but from the question you ask I would stick with the adapter!

- - - Updated - - -

yes that is completely fine - if you know what your doing then you could even cut the old adapter off and solder the new one on (from Maplin - or similar) but from the question you ask I would stick with the adapter!

So if I understand you, the existing power lead comes from a plug socket, chased into the wall and is plastered over?

The easy way to deal with the problem is to use one of these SH10200R - PRO ELEC - POWER LEAD, IEC PLG-SKT, 0.5M | Farnell United Kingdom and X-299960A - VOLEX - LEAD, FIG 8, BLACK, 2M | Farnell United Kingdom cut the mains plug off and the appropriate end of the previous cable, use something like LCP103BLK - MK (ELECTRIC) - CONNECTOR, IN-LINE, 3PIN, BLACK | Farnell United Kingdom to join the two together. If you are unsure just take this shopping list to a proper electrical shop or an electrician.

Reply to Kettle power cable to figure of 8 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net